The title represents the fact that I wrote this blog early this morning while I was at work. If you're wondering why I didn't post it at that time, then read on because it's explained straight away (plus Blogger doesn't seem to work on a Blackberry).
Here I am sat at work writing out my blog with pen and a pad because the fool that is me forgot to bring the power adaptor to work for my laptop.
In some ways it has made a refreshing change to be without the distractions of such things, although my Blackberry has given me other ways to check things out (can't play the Facebook games I play on there yet though).
The reason I forgot my adaptor is because I was going to get some music files copied over from an external hard drive onto my laptop to work to work on a project I've been working on for what is probably six years I think (maybe even seven). Unfortunately neither of my external hard drives are working now on either my laptop or Louise's. That has now left me with a very big problem because I am certain that the studio doesn't keep people's work on their computers, because they just haven't got that much space. I have absolutely no idea what I can do now, and may have to forget any of that or the ten songs I had already started on the follow-up to that set as well. Plus the work I had done for the Christmas album I was working on may also have to be shelved unless there is a way to get that information.
I'm sort of getting fed up of technology in a way, because everything seems to be breaking down. The DVD/HDD recorder frequently has problems. At the moment it is behaving, but for the past five or so months every time it is switched off, I have found it to have lost all of the channels each and every time I have switched it back on as well as the timed recording settings.
The laptop itself was a pain recently when I had to get it fixed due to the power button giving up the ghost. One hundred and thirty pounds later and it was working - sort of! It is now slower considering that it's a very powerful machine (and bloody expensive when I bought it - I had more money to myself back then)!
At the moment because of forgetting the adaptor, I am writing this whilst listening on my iPod to some classical thing called Christe Eleison (Soprano 1&2), which I have never really heard before. It is lovely, but not so lovely as the preceding piece entitled Kyrie Eleison. Both pieces are seemingly by Bach, which does surprise me as I profess to really love the music of Bach, even having learnt a piece on bass guitar many moons ago - I can't play it now!
Not being able to get that music has very much caused me to become low shall we say. I was in a foul mood when Louise came in from work and was in the same mood when I left for work as well. I know that I should learn to control myself, but at present I have no idea what to do. I thought that having them on an external hard drive was safer than keeping them on the computer itself. I realise now that I should have put them onto data discs as well - recordable DVD's that I could copy from and then they would be easier to keep. Too late to think of that now, unless by some luck they work again when I would immediately do exactly that!
Anyway, I hope that you are all okay and have a lovely rest of the day.
Tuesday May 15 2012 (41 years, 5 months, and 19 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment