But we will leave that there because I don't want to go all whiny!
So it is now the tenth of June, which means it's, erm, 24 days until the beginning of the 50-90 songwriting challenge.
Am I taking part? Probably, but I'm not sure whether I will get anything done.
For a few reasons I've decided to change how I take part in these challenges, and this should be noticeable. I will write songs, but nothing will go online until there is a relatively decent recording made of the material.
My first reason for this is that there are some people who complain about participants that do more than the challenge asks for, and I am one of those that seems to write more mainly because I see it not as a "only write this many songs", but rather as a "try to write this many and if you write more then well done."
However, before everyone suddenly stops reading please note that I am not being funny about it, but am actually responding in a way that I think is good!
I actually think that the fact I post so much up puts people off and if I give the recordings more time first then it gives less to listen to, but also means possibility of feedback on fewer songs.
I also believe that heightening the production might put the songs across in a better light, so they see the vision behind it and how it works.
In another way it means that I can play bass more, because I've not played what used to be my main instrument that much during these challenges.
A negative point though - I don't get the chance to use my computer or musical equipment as much as I used to, so what will be posted if anything is unknown.
It will be fun anyway, and personally I will still write like I did, but just won't post everything up!
That's a strange but informative blog post.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
June 10th 2014 (43 years, 6 months, and 15 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment