Saturday, 15 November 2014

Movember, week two...

Hi, hope you're all okay.......

So, the second week of "Movember" is over then, and the ornate mo that I'm sporting is obvious. Not fully grown perhaps, but it's there!

It's been a week of bumping into people as well, which was very strange.

Firstly I bumped into the singer Nina Smith, who is a great friend of my longtime friend +Matt Blick. Even though we have never met personally before, I thought she was such a lovely lady, and I've followed her career online. Also, as an aside, she is as pretty in person as she seems in pictures.

Later in the week (Thursday), I was walking along Cartergate in Newark, and was surprised to bump into John Swinglehurst (I really hope I've remembered his surname properly - I only remember friends' first names normally).

I know John from his time as lead guitarist in the band Psylence, who mixed various different elements of metal music alongside samples, scratching, and a flawless melodic quality. I was very much a fan, and was sad to hear of their split because more than all of that, they were all great friends of mine.

John and Lee Wilde from Psylence are now both members of the band Servers, who also include ex-GU Medicine and Sunlounger lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist Lee Storrar, and drummer Ant Nettleship.

I saw GU Medicine a couple of times, but don't remember chatting with them, but I loved their music.

I can see elements of both bands within Servers, whilst also having their own thing, and do you know what...? I love it!!!

Anyway, Servers have a gig at Barnsley in December, and I'm crossing my fingers at getting there to catch up.

They are the things that have jumped out at me the most this week...

Both films from Lovefilm were great - The Butler and Dallas Buyer's Club. Both me and Louise watched The Butler, but just 

No comments:

Post a Comment