Sunday, 13 March 2016

FILM REVIEW - HERO (2002)

Here I am, I am the master of your...
Sorry, wrong film! She's definitely
doing a Freddie though, right?
Hi.  I hope you're okay.

"I'll have a chicken chow mein , and could you hold
off on the prawn crackers please."
A couple of Christmases ago, Louise bought me a couple of films as part of the presents she gave me that year.  The two films, on DVD, were Watchmen and Hero, the former of which I watched for the first time the other night.

At long last I watched the Jet Li film Hero, which was from 2002.
I told you it was "epic"
The film has an incredible cast, which includes Tony Leung, Maggie Cheung, Zhang Ziyi, Chen Dao Ming, and Donnie Yen, and the cinematography is absolutely gorgeous!

The film tells a wonderfully epic tale that is based at an incredibly pivotal time in Chinese history - during the Qin era.  The story looks into Qin's desire to unite the seven warring nations that will come to make up what we know as China, which was not something that was easily attained.

I had to screen capture the Koto player!
The story is beautifully twisting, incredibly filmed, and has such great acting in it.

Yes, I know that it has that fantastical side to it with the "flying people" and all of that, but there is so much beauty within that mythology, legend, and the fables of traditional Chinese stories that to some is so wonderfully enchanting, and I am one such person.

Epic!
I am so glad that I finally got to see the film, and am pleased to have it as a part of my expansive film collection!

"Ooh baby, you couldn't have done a worse thing to me,
If you had taken an arrow and run it right through me"
A great film in my book.  In a similar league to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, but it wouldn't take the place of that film in my list!  Crouching will always be up there in my favourite Chinese films of all time alongside films such as Enter The Dragon (my favourite), but this film is up in my top, erm, twenty I suppose!

Thank you for reading, please take care.

Monday March the 14th, 2016 (45 years, 3 months, and 17 days old).








I think Dulux might have run out of red paint perhaps?

Epic!

Zhang Ziyi shows beautifully how to put across something without words!

Look at how beautiful this is!

Epic!

The queue for Batman Vs Superman is already getting silly!

Epic!

FETCH ME THE HOLIDAY BROCHURE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment