Hi, I hope this finds you well.
Once again it has been a while! Life goes on...
Doesn’t it just!
Here I am, the day before my birthday, thinking about that age business again.
I’ll be 47 tomorrow, and it’s a strange thing to think about, for a number of reasons...
First and foremost is that I don’t feel like I’m that age a lot of the time, although I’m not entirely sure how being 47 should feel!
It is continually irritating that I don’t really get time to spend with friends and family because of the old work/life balance, and that grows all of the time.
I value the relationships that I’ve made over the years, but don’t see how those things could change without cutting down what I do workwise, which would then cut down the money I make, which would make an already tough financial situation even worse than it is, and I’m not going to go into that subject! I’m sick of all that, and have decided that I’m going to still try and have some fun and say “fuck it” to the consequences.
I’m not saying that I won’t sort the finances out, but just that I’ll occasionally have fun, and then get back to the responsible adult crap that constantly pisses me off! I hate having to be an adult, and that stuff!
I suppose that I’m among the majority there? In the sense of not liking “adult responsibilities” and not feeling my age!
I don’t think that it’s all negative though!
I have found that my love of music has grown again recently. I’ve been playing more and listening to newer music!
I’ve really enjoyed listening to music a lot more recently, with the Progressive Rock and Progressive Metal scenes being particularly good lately!
I was intending on going to see the great prog band This Winter Machine on Friday at Leicester, but I couldn’t drive because of tiredness from a medical injection I had in the day, and in fact fell asleep at about six o’clock in the evening for a couple of hours if truth be told!
That really did piss me off, because I’d been looking forward to seeing them, as I think they’re a great band, and I was planning on taking some photos whilst there!
I hope that I’ll get to watch them sometime soon at another gig, and look forward to their next album being released.
Anyway, despite the fact that this has said virtually nothing, I’d better get on.
Thank you for reading and take care.
November 25th 2017 (46 years, 11 months, and 30 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment