Monday, 31 January 2011

First blog - see how it goes

Couldn't get online when I wrote this, so just copied it over and posted now;

Bloody hell, why do I find it so tricky to remember lyrics, and I know some people will probably be close to wisecracking "that's because your lyrics are rubbish." Ha ha, very funny, buy a new jokebook.

I'm actually trying to get together lyrics to finish off the songs for the set that has been in the works for a few years now. My mate Paul B Edwards quite rightly thinks that it takes me so long to get things done. I'd like to be quicker, but to be honest I can't really afford to keep going and recording, and I'm having so much trouble with this bloody Microsoft Vista crap. I know I can upgrade it to Windows 7, but then I'm bothered about losing everything that I have on this machine that I've downloaded software wise. I'd have to pay for the bloody stuff again, and that is a pisser.

Hey, I swear on this blog. Best warn people, lol.

So, in truth I did always envisage that other people would be involved with the lead vocals on the songs, and once Jon was involved at one point, I was so happy because I love his voice and really think that he has the ability and so much range that he probably doesn't even realise himself.

It wasn't an awful fighty type thing when he stopped helping with the Project Marv business, but understandably I wanted to work quicker on this stuff than he did, because quite rightly he has his own solo work and other projects that he is doing. I still think that his album was one of the best albums from anyone that has come out in recent years, whether signed or unsigned. His music and his suggestions have inspired me greatly.

So, after so flaming long I've decided to just finish off the tunes and then make them available as soon as I can. After the material I've been putting up on myspace recently, I realised that there was something that I quite liked about the whole feel to it. I actually like the strange almost ethereal feel to the very multi-tracked vocals that I've been doing. I'm not sure whether it will work for everything that's left to do, but that's just how I'll have to do it. Well, maybe. I'm planning on putting some keyboards down on Together anyway. That's another one of those things where I was expecting someone else to do it, but then Pagey is also incredibly busy with the music he is involved with.

An Eastern Mystical Super Hero's Arch Enemies Do Not Flash Gordon Brown will also not be completely as I thought it would turn out. Ste Cripwell was going to work on some fake film footage voices and things to be put in there, since it's supposed to be part of a soundtrack. If you're reading Ste, I'm still interested in doing an entire fake soundtrack to the sci-fi segment.

Actually, as I'm writing this, I heard today of John Barry's death. That is tragic. He was a legend in the music world and, as someone who wishes he could be involved in writing soundtracks and who writes music anyway, I am in awe of his incredible body of work.

This isn't half long. Just thought I'd write a little something, but bloody hell.

Getting ready in a little while to go out.  I've got a new instrument to pick up for the bargain price of £30. It's an organ type instrument, which I'm going to look up on the internet and put a link up about. It looks gorgeous and sounds so phat and full (and loud). Lovely white colour, which means it can get dirty easily, but I am looking forward to having a play, and to bringing it into the studio whenever I'm there. Who knows, you may hear it on Together when I go in to do the keyboard parts.

Anyway, best sign off for now. Let's see if I can keep this up. The story I was tweeting has been waiting a while to be continued, but rest assured there is more that I've written, but I just have very little time to do these things now with work and home. I seem to have less time in a way than I did with my previous job.

I hope Tony gets back to me about the solo project he's thinking of doing. I'd love to rock out on some of his songs, take a backseat as just a musician. I think what we got with Fucked Up was awesome, and look forward to more if I get asked. "Alwayshlooking" for opportunities.

Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.

Marv - 31st January 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 5 days old)

1 comment:

  1. Not boring at all. I've become interested in accordian music recently. Not sure why, but I had the "French Cafe" sound in my head and found a cheap CD on Amazon.
    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    Ian B

    ReplyDelete