Levon Helm was a fantastic multi-instrumentalist and singer who sang on so very many different songs that have gone on to become classics. Much as I like Robbie Robertson, I think that the right people sang the songs that he wrote such as the absolutely belting songs The Weight and Ophelia.
To die from any sort of cancer is horrific and incredibly painful. I don't know what else to say without questioning the American Health Service and feeling so blessed that over here in the UK we have a National Health Service that, okay it may not be operating at full power, but it is there and we can have free treatment.
I also heard about Greg Ham from the group Men At Work dying. He too was a multi-instrumentalist, having played flute, harmonica, saxophone, keyboards, and back vocals. I had to put the video to Down Under of course, but I've also put another Men At Work song that many may not know because of the fact that there was more to them.
My thoughts are with the families and friends of these great musicians. Thank you for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment