How long has it been since I last blogged? I can't quite remember if I'm being honest.
Sometimes with life every day just seems to be the same over and over again. The same work, or variations thereof, the constant being asleep during the day when I'm working night shifts, and all the problems that stem from that.
With things the way they are at the moment, looking at other work is not a possibility, because there is very little work out there anyway. There is no industry in this country any more as such, and therefore there is a shortage of jobs, especially with places closing like wildfire. Businesses close due to a lack of people having the money to pay for what they offer, and that is for businesses all over the spectrum.
So because of that, here I am stuck in the same monotony, the same repeating cycle.
Not that that is all bad of course. That monotony means that I am working. Bills are being paying (just about), and I have somewhere to live. This is even despite the fact that according to a news item the other day wages aren't going up in accordance with the cost of living. The cost of living has gone up more than wages has risen. I suppose this basically means that the old adage is true - the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
But, despite that fact, I am still around on my laptop to write out my blogs when I can think of something to blog about. I have a job, which puts me in the minority nowadays I think. I have a roof over my head, and am taking care of both myself and my beautiful sweetheart.
My need to record and perform music seems to have been forced onto the back burner for the time being, but at least I am still okay in other ways. I may not have the time or money to visit people as often as I would like with the cost of fuel constantly on the rise, but once again I suppose that is a small thing to put up with when I consider that all the good things I have mentioned are in fact okay for the most part.
Some times I might be late with my bill payments by a few days or so, but that is just because I am on a wage that is ever changing because my hours also change from one week to the next. This is life, and I am doing the best that I can. What more is there that can be done?
Life is good, because I have the important things - love, family, friends, somewhere to live, a job, and a crook neck from the flipping cold night shifts.
Thank you for reading. Please take care. Speak again soon.
April 18 2012 (41 years, 4 months, and 23 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment