Sunday, 10 June 2012

A blog of many parts

So here we are then, another blog that I am going to make up on the spot.  I have no idea how this blog will turn out, but here goes.

So, my other blog series still doesn't seem to have come back yet, even though I promised that it would.  For some reason I just can't seem to get down in my mind what to write, or to find the private time to learn the songs, and write about them.

Unfortunately Louise has been let go from her job, and I used to utilise that "home alone" time to practise, learn, and all of that.  It isn't easy finding space to be able to practice, and when I work a minimum of 12 hour shifts, I feel like I'm being unfair nipping off into another room for an hour on my own each day like I used to do.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the sales of my music that have recently gone on sale, which I will get the first feedback from in July.  I don't really know what people think about it, but hopefully I'll at least get back the money that I have paid for it to be put out through tunecore.
I'm presently doing this blog while listening to the Filmsack podcast, in particular the one about the film Flatliners, which I saw many many years ago.  It starred Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts, Oliver Platt, Kevin Bacon, and William Baldwin, were they play medical students who decide to stop each other's hearts, leave them "dead" for five minutes, and bring them back to life, and then you see the outcome of this throughout the film.  That's about as much as I remember about it.

My brother has had a look at the external hard drives I own and couldn't get to work, and he says that they are now working okay, which is great news.  As soon as I have the time, I will find time to go to Mansfield and catch up with him and his family, at the same time picking up the hard drives, where I can hopefully make up some (sort of) new musical backgrounds for my friends Paul & Tony's podcast called Punky, which is a podcast made up of chat and alternative music.

To prove this is made up on the trot, I had to stop writing this because something cropped up at work.  I will now leave it until I get some more time on my laptop, which will probably not be this weekend because I am on site Saturday and Sunday night were I don't think I will have time to get onto the laptop.

Here I am with the chance to write another quick bit towards the blog, and it is Sunday morning.  I'm just going to talk about films that I've watched very quickly.  I worked with someone else during Saturday night / Sunday morning (Dave), and we watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and really enjoyed that.  Andy Serkis is brilliant at things that he does.  I have seen his work in a few things.  I'm particularly thinking of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, some of King Kong (the bits I didn't fall asleep through), and Tintin.

Me and Louise have joined Lovefilm, and really enjoyed the service that we get with them.  We've watched a fair few films from them, and have particularly enjoyed the films Hugo, Tintin, and Tangled that I can remember from the top of my head at this absolutely ungodly hour of the day.  I loved the film Super 8 recently, and I know that Louise liked some bits about the film, but the fact that Louise isn't much of a genre fan meant that she found a lot of the film boring.

This weekend they have sent us the films Morning Glory starring Rachel McAdams, and Moneyball starring Brad Pitt.  As well as this, they offer a service where you can watch things online called Instant, which I haven't yet used, but will sometime soon I am sure.

Now I'm writing on Sunday and have just thought about the fact that in the film Super 8 I watched the bonus bits on the disc and found out that they had used the actor Bruce Greenwood to do "an Andy Serkis" for the creature in the film, which in the credits and that is mentioned as Cooper for some reason.  Perhaps that's to keep secret that there is a creature in the film, which I have now let slip.  Oops, sorry.  It is cool that they have Bruce Greenwood doing it though.  He is Christopher Pike in the Star Trek reboots.  I liked the first of the Star Trek reboot films and am excited about the follow up, especially after a possible hint this past week where J J Abrams was filmed saying something for an awards show or something, and in the background was a monitor was a shot of what looked like a Klingon on it, which has made some believe that they will be in the next film.  We will see.

Now J J is the man of the hour at the moment, the modern equivalent to Steven Spielberg maybe.  He is the man behind the Star Trek reboot franchise, the Mission Impossible franchise, LOST, Fringe, and so much more.  The film Morning Glory that I mentioned earlier is produced by him as well as I think having a writing credit or something attached to it.

Anyway, I'm on with Dave again tonight, and he says "if you write any more you might as well be writing a book!"  I suppose he has a point.

Hope you all take care and are okay.  Thank you for reading.

June 10 2012 (41 years, 6 months, and 15 days old)

PS - Me and Dave have just started watching Captain America.

2 comments:

  1. keep moving forward - and keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is someone purposely interfering with the first picture or something? That's the second picture for the film Flatliners that I have put up, and once again it isn't loading that picture up.

    ReplyDelete