Monday, 2 July 2012

Relations, Careers, and Judgemental Fears

Hello to my friends, family, and anyone else who may be reading.

Here I am wondering what I can talk about in a blog.  I was at one point thinking of commenting about the impending divorce between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.  I wasn't going to have a go about either of them, or about how weird any religions are.  Well, I say that.  The thought had crossed my mind for a moment, but only for a moment.  Even before I started writing a blog the other day that idea had been pushed aside because I really don't feel like critiquing religion.

I have seen a number of films that feature Tom Cruise as an actor, and I have enjoyed a fair few.  Out of the films that I have enjoyed I would include (in no order) Minority Report, Rain Man, Jerry Maguire, the Mission Impossible films, Valkyrie and The Firm.  I think the fact that he follows a belief that a lot of people see as strange shouldn't use this to form an opinion of their work.

What I mean is that it is rare for people to bash somebody's body of work based on the fact that they are Roman Catholics, Church of England, Muslim, or any belief.  If you like something then you like it no matter what.  I like the Lethal Weapon films despite the fact that Mel Gibson came out with the ridiculous comments  that he did whenever it was.  That is yet another discussion altogether, but I will quickly say that I think just like Robert Downey Jnr believes - Mel is going through difficult times and will eventually come through it all just like an actor such as Downey himself has come through problems and is having a great career at present.  Mel did however come out with some comments that were absolutely disgraceful.

I am still looking forward to the film Jack Reacher that is coming out at the end of this year (December 28th), in which he stars as the title character, a homicide investigator who is digging into a case where a trained military sniper has shot and killed five random victims.  It is based on the novel One Shot written by Lee Child (part of a large series of books, so it is a potential franchise).

Anyway, I think that I should leave it there.  I know very little of Ms Holmes' work, other than her part in the recent Batman offerings.  I may have seen other stuff with her in, but I don't know.  Apparently she was in that Dawson's Creek thing, but I haven't even seen a second of that programme as far as I know, unless I have channel-hopped past it.

As an aside I was told that Joshua Jackson was in Dawson's Creek, and I happen to love the series he is in that is called Fringe.  Unfortunately this has only one season left on it, which is a real irritation to me!

Anyway, I know this is a relatively short epistle in comparison to my usual fare, but I think I will actually leave it there, and may then actually have something to discuss very soon in my world of blogness.  We will see what grabs my attention and brings me out of my pit of non-creativity with regard to this medium.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

July 3rd 2012 (41 years, 7 months, and 7 day old)

No comments:

Post a Comment