Sunday, 12 August 2012

Another Quick Blog

So here I am again then, blogging.  Who would have thought it?  Well, a lot of people probably if they knew that I follow the blog world of Mr Drew Baxter, who seems to be back to blogging a lot lately, and then there are others such as my friend (and occasional Project Marv collaborator) Tony Hearn, who himself has started blogging for the first time this week, and his are filled with nuggets that could be incredibly helpful.

My blogs, I either have my music blog series, where I am discussing the post-Beatles careers of John, Paul. George, and Ringo.  A mammoth task that I can tell you.  I haven't done much on there for a while now, but actually do have some of one started on that needs a lot more work, but at least it has been started.  My other blog series (this one) is much more random, and a lot of the time trails off into tangents that don't really make much sense, but the mind works in strange ways doesn't it.

I can't really talk much about what I am doing in regards to work at this exact moment, because I am indeed typing out this missive of mine whilst at this place  of work.  I can tell you that it is a place that I have only done twice before, and that I know the bare minimum of what is needed to be known for working on here.  Oh well, different security company, same great on-site training.

I missed the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympics for the most part tonight.  The fact is that I have been unable to watch any television on my laptop because the signal is bloody awful!  That plus I was unable to get my laptop out for the first umpteen hours of shift time, so I was sit with my ukulele, playing it.  I actually even came up with a new song whilst I was noodling on the little beauty - there is something so satisfying about playing a ukulele.

When I first got the ukulele I was greeted with the same question as I am sure most people who own a ukulele are asked in the UK - "can you play When I'm Cleaning Windows"?  No I can't, or at least I couldn't until tonight.  I had got sick of the question, so I ended up actually learning it tonight, as well the Elvis song No More from his film Blue Hawaii - Louise's favourite song from the film, and apparently Elvis plays ukulele on the song and indeed a lot of the album (apparently ukuleles are played a lot in Hawaii - is that is one of that racial stereotypes?)

I actually like playing different instruments and find them to be incredible at making me looking at music in a different way.  I will find that when I write on a keyboard/piano, that I write completely different to how I write on guitar.  Other instruments are different as well, and I find these different approaches to be both interesting and inspirational.

Sometimes doing something you are used to a different way can stop you from getting bored, stuck in a specific way, or numerous other things.  I'm getting tired, so please excuse me - it's just gone twenty past three in the morning just now as I type this.

I will continue to do this - write in lots of ways.

I do have to say that this is probably the longest I have spent on the ukulele, and I am so glad that I have one, because it sort of makes me happy.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

13 August 2012 (41 years, 8 months, and 18 days old).

PS - The riff from Wherever I May Roam by Metallica works nicely on the uke, as I have found out tonight. :-)
PPS - Next three days off at the moment, so some recording is called for - yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment