It's been over a week since I last posted a blog, so I thought I had better do something to stop people from thinking that something bad had happened. It has, the bad is that I have the job I have. The good is that I have a job at all considering the cesspool of a country that the current government are turning it all in to!
Look at that hey - the first actual paragraph and I am already posting political ammunition - go Marv! :D
As it turns out you have caught me in a strange place. I am not sure what to do at the moment. I have started looking and writing about the next album in the mammoth blog series I am doing on the music of the ex-Beatles, and it is already an incredibly daunting thing to be looking at - a triple album full of material. As soon as I was seriously trying to understand the opening song, one that Harrison wrote with the great Bob Dylan, I was thinking "oh my, how many flaming time signature changes?" Needless to say that there are a lot of them, in the verses alone I can remember three different time signatures off the top of my head (I don't have my notes on me or a musical instrument - more's the pity). It will take a flaming long while to work through it though because it is a 23-song album, and I fancy taking a look at the song that featured on the reissue which was recorded for but not included on the original issue - I Live For You. I have absolutely no idea why that was left off the original album, but we'll get into that more in the music blog, and not this one.
As it is it is going to take a very long flipping time to get through everything on that album. Me and my ideas hey? As a bonus though, I am looking forward to recording some slide guitar for it, because I love playing slide parts.
I am still in the throes of FAWM, even though it is nearly the end of March even and FAWM was a February thing. It's a case of having those lyrics, but no music to go with them! So, someone has to write the music for them, and that someone is obviously me. I have been looking at a fair number of them though, with work having started on No Wonder, Love, Pellicle, The Party, and Dance. There is no way in the whole world that someone could do anything with all of those songs, unless they released a triple album such as George Harrison's aforementioned album.
Actually, the music blog has got me wondering if I should fork out more money so that I can expand what I can have up on soundcloud, because I could quite easily run out of space on there with everything that I upload. A question that needs looking into.
I feel really bad that I haven't done much listening to music on the FAWM website over the last couple of weeks, and I really need to. I was actually enjoying listening to music that isn't FAWM inspired to be honest, because I forced myself to not listening to anything related to FAWM 2013 while it was going on - silly I know, but I just wanted to immerse myself. I won't be able to do that for the three months of 50/90, so won't even try. Perhaps I'll end up using an entire part of someone else's song without even realising, whereupon I will get sued by the artist, who will get absolutely nothing from me because you can't give anyone something if you don't have it can you!
I was thinking of hiring a car for the weekend so that I could do some visiting during my Saturday off, but unfortunately I would have to hire it for the whole entire long bank holiday weekend and I can't really say that it would be worth it to hire a car for that long and to spend all of that money as well. I will have to leave it to another time and hope that when I get a future rota on a Thursday (or Friday) that I will have a spot where I can do this again. Fingers crossed hey.
Just going back to the music blog think quickly, I want to really get moving with that because there are so many more things that I want to get on with, and that project is incredibly time consuming.
Right, for those of you interested in my music, please don't forget that I have music available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, and a lot of other places. There are also pages with music available on Myspace (not that I go on there very much), Bandspace (with a new song available on there to download), Soundcloud, and a load of other places. Links can be found on the Project Marv Facebook page ;-)
There, that is the promotion done I suppose. What else can I talk about? Hmm...
I am not half missing my Star Trek collection since I sold it I think a little over two years ago now to make money for food back then (things were tougher then than they are now surprisingly). I think I had not long started working for the company I was with before the one I am with now, and that was tough because when I started with them I hadn't long been receiving benefit money after being made redundant from a job. I received benefit money I think five weeks after losing my job. This was after having to tell them that I was entitled to Contribution Based rather than Income Based, at which point they said "oh you're right!". Anyway, waiting all of that time for money meant that every bit of money that I had amassed (and what I received of redundancy at that time) had all been used up on paying to live. That plus a car because as soon as I was made redundant my car was up for an MOT that it failed and I couldn't afford to get the work done. Having trouble with cars seems to be a thing for me doesn't it? Actually, it's only be a thing since moving here - one of many things that make me wish we'd never have moved here!
I've now got the problem that apparently I have to have a car before May because there is apparently a six month period in which you have to insure another car or you lose the "no claims bonus". What a stupid rule that is. Whatever, I will need to fins something incredibly cheap, and unfortunately I don't think that the insurance people will look at a dinky toy as a viable option! As I have said to my sweetheart it is unfortunately a necessity, because there is no way that I can afford to insure a car without the no claims bonus intact. As I said, it is a silly rule!
I do have an idea about that, but I'm not sure if it will work or not. The idea is to see if work would swap me, erm, ten days of my holiday entitlement for money, and in so doing give me enough to buy a relatively cheap runaround of a car. I'm not sure whether they can do that or not, but I am keeping my fingers crossed, especially since I am bloody sick of not having a car. That plus my bicycle is in the garage in need of some work because some moron thought it was funny to take a knife to my back tyre - thanks, I am so happy about that! Tosser!!!
Anyway, I am surprised that I have written all of that, because to be honest I didn't know what I was going to be posting about until now. All made up on the spot again. Did you notice? Okay, it was obvious, but it's something.
Thank you for reading. Please take care.
March 26 2013 (42 years and four months old - crikey, time flies).
No comments:
Post a Comment