Here I am (yes, at work again) composing another blog post. I don't know what it will be about from the offset, but then that has happened frequently with my blogs, especially when I was writing a post per day back when blogging was new to me (not to others of course because as per usual I was late joining the party).
Actually, that little "bracket comment" isn't as such for the week that is ahead of me. I have been given a three shift week, which isn't perfect, but in some ways it is sort of a blessing in disguise for a couple of reasons;
![]() |
| Tired at work - taken with the laptop's webcam just now (early). |
Firstly, it gives me time to spend with my darling at home, which we haven't had much of the last two weeks because I've worked more than seventy hours for each of those weeks (72 the first and I am four and a half hours at this exact moment away from the end of a 79 hour week - the things that a lot of security guards' dreams are made of!)...
Secondly though it is an interesting experiment. I am contemplating the possibility of looking into the rules of tax credits again because I am thinking of going to my employers and making their job easier in the following way - "Excuse me. If it is easier for you to just have me working three days a week (that is 36 hours normally), then I am willing to stick to that and claim tax credits to top my money up more." That way I could then from April just enjoy a three day week, which would give me four days off, enough money to live on comfortably (I think it would - I have to check that because I am not sure how that works out now with the old government changes), and then that would give me more time to do things outside of work (look for a band to join even maybe). The opportunities would be there to ponder over. Of course that would be much easier with a car. Let's just hope that the financial side would help with that side of things!
If that did come about, then it would inevitably also bring about the possibility of more visiting of my family, who I do miss a lot (I know - boohoo).
I have already thought about using Tuesday afternoon (while Louise is out) to start recording some "better quality" demo's on my 12-TRACK HOME STUDIO. I've capitalised that to make it sound cool, which it isn't really I suppose, but it's better than the 4-track tape I was using. How much I get done is anyone's guess, because it will only be around the two hour mark that I will be doing it - once again stressful and of course inside a flat where I can't belt anything out! It's too blinking heavy to carry somewhere to record in better surroundings! It's a convoluted way around it, but I suppose that I could see if it's possible to take the four track recorder with me to site whereby I could have one track prepared with all the backing for me to listen to while recording vocals on tracks 2,3, and 4? Mind you, that's quite a hefty thing as well for a 4-track!
I don't know... Up until that last paragraph I was just getting away with not talking about music and then all of a sudden - BOOM! There I am, music again hey.
Hmm... Oh, I've watched the film SALT again during this shift on the old telly (Channel 4 I think it was - not my telly, but the guy I've been on with). I actually liked it more than the previous time I had seen it. It was a decent bit of escapism I suppose. Far fetched as hell, but then again you're not meant to use your brains for everything you watch are you?
I don't know why but I just thought that it might be a good idea to use the 12-track to record something for the other blog I do? Ooh, I think I may put something down very quickly for that. George Harrison song, here I come. What is the first song on All Things Must Pass? Is it the Harrison/Dylan co-write I'd Have You Anytime? I can't remember off the top of my head, even if it is my favourite Harrison album.
Oh well, since we're on about music, I might just add that I have started writing a list of things to do during the 50/90 writing thing between July and October, where the idea is to write fifty songs in ninety days. More suggestions are always accepted, but please don't leave any naughty words or crudeness like someone on my Facebook status did when I asked for the same thing. I foresee more collaboration work, and I have a pie in the sky idea for a future FAWM of making a road trip of the US, where I would stop with people on the way who are taking part in FAWM themselves, take photographs of the trip, collaborate with these people, and generally try to have a good time with them. Maybe get some sightseeing potential from it as well, if there is the time - hey, it's my road trip I can take as long as I like. Perhaps if I did it during a 50/90 instead I might have more potential for both. Do the trip over a ninety day period, and perhaps even see if I could get sponsorship for it where I could donate the money to a charity? Ooh, that's an idea...
Hey, how much have I written here already? A lot?
Alrighty then... I think I will sign off there then and let you all enjoy what you have left of your day after reading through another of my ramblings.
Thank you for reading and please take care.
March 18 2013 (42 years, 3 months, and 20 days old).
PS - When talking about FAWM in previous posts I think I may have forgotten to mention people such as T.C.Elliott, John Staples, Casey Bee, Em McKeever, and I just can't seem to remember everybody that I made friends with during FAWM. There are so many of them. They are all great people, and I am glad that I was able to chat with some of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment