Friday, 2 August 2013

Things going on


Hey how's things?

I'm here again then...  Blog more often and people might think I'm going back to my old self.  Don't be daft! ;-)

Today I have a sort of list of things in my head that I want to tick off...

Firstly there's this predisposition of all things to do with the royal baby.  Now don't get me wrong, I am not someone that is against the Royal Family.  I think they are very important to the UK, and yes I can see that Prince George (as he is apparently named) is important to the country.  The thing is that once we've had all of this the media frenzy for it all is still ridiculous.  They are still after whatever they can get.  LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!  It's a baby for crying out loud.  Another few years and it will be okay to shove a twenty foot long camera lens into their face, but for now just let them be.  We don't need to know anymore!  What else could we find out?  I know for one that I don't need to find out when it starts getting potty trained, if they use Pampers extra-dry, or any of that literal crap.  Leave it!

Michael Ansara (RIP) playing Kang
in Star Trek The Original Series.
Second thing on my list is to say farewell to the actor Michael Ansara.  The first thing I remember about Michael Ansara was seeing him play Kang in the seventies repeats of the original series of Star Trek.  He also played Kane in the television series Buck Rogers In The 25th Century.  They are the two things that stand out to me, but he also had roles in I Dream Of Jeannie (starring his then wife Barbara Eden), several episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, the film The Ten Commandments (uncredited), Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (again with Barbara Eden), Perry Mason, Harum Scarum (an Elvis Presley film), Lost In Space, and so very much more.  He was a great actor in all that I saw him in, and I am sure that he will be missed by all those who knew him more than I did.  All I know is that I liked his acting.

Third then is something that has always irritated me.  Robert Mugabe is still in power in Zimbabwe!  What a bloody travesty that is.  It is plain to all but those wearing blinkers that he has fixed the whole charade that masked itself as a "democratic electoral campaign".  yeah right.  It was as democratic as a stick over someone's head saying "vote for me or die!"  That is actually a technique that has been used before now in Zimbabwe as well by the way.  Why is is he carrying on like this?  It beggars belief that people don't say to him, "look, go out of power and take yourself out of the standing and let's see what happens!"  It's a case of selective interference.  We will interfere in some other areas, but not there.

I actually wrote a song many years ago about how much of a lying, deceptive, manipulating, and genocidal leadership he holds.  Things obviously change there!

My journey home.
Anyway, it has just gone four in the morning and I need to get my stuff packed now and tidy the cabin here at work ready for the day man to relieve me of duty.

Thank you for reading, and please take care.

August 3rd 2013 (42 years, eight months, and nine days old).

PS - I was thinking of going on for longer, but instead decided to make the post short and succinct. Hahaha. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment