Crikey, it's already February the eleventh, or eleventh of February here in the UK. I wonder why we write dates out differently here to how Americans and possibly other countries.
So it's been a long while since I last posted. I'm not sure why, but here we are anyway.
We are eleven days into February, which means that I am taking part in the wonderful FAWM (February Album Writing Month). This is a month in which many many songwriters around the world decide to go hell for leather and write "an albums worth of songs" within the 28 days of February.
My FAWM page - http://fawm.org/fawmers/marvsmooth/
My list of songs on there at present stands at thirteen, but that's not completely true because two of those are the same thing.
What happened was that recorded a quick idea I had on the baritone ukulele and whistled a melody that I had at the same time. I posted this up and, while I was asleep, someone in another country had written lyrics for it and recorded vocals over the top of my recording, and then posting it up as a separate song.
I wish in a way that they had waited because I feel like I'm cheating to get that number up. I'd better get 15 songs in then to make it. I'm almost there anyway as I have a set of lyrics from two days ago that I haven't put up yet entitled She Lies, which is yet another love song - I'm writing a fair few of those lately.
Anyway, this weekend was originally a weeks holiday, during which I was going to get some serious work in on the music writing and commenting on other people's songs. However, I am no longer off due to a surprise coming up from work, so I think I will perhaps not have the chance now to write very much. We shall see.
It's not particularly a change that I want, but it's possibly more money, so I don't have much choice.
I would love not to have to do it, but cest la vie. I'd like to be able to write songs that other people perform to make me some royalties, but that is pie in the sky thinking.
Life goes on, and I have love. What else do I need?
Anyway, I think I will go now and spend time with my sweetheart and possibly get some music done perhaps.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
February 11 2014 (43 years, 2 months, and 16 days old).
PS - rest in peace Shirley Temple, who died today.
No comments:
Post a Comment