Thursday, 15 May 2014

Hey Up

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................................

Blinking heck it hasn't half been a while!!!

Until I looked I hadn't realised that I haven't posted since the end of March, and I really can't understand why that is.  I mean, it's not like there's nothing much to tell you...  Well, okay it's very much like that I suppose, but there's nothing like talking to people on blogs about all sorts of rubbish is there?

My working life is slightly different, but we won't go into that because, well, we just won't.  All it means is that I have cut down on my time on the computer, and I've also cut down on my music time as well.  When 5090 starts in July my fingers are going to get as sore as hell that's for sure.  It will be like learning all over again.  Well, I say that, but I played something nice and funky on the acoustic earlier, but my strumming hand was flopping around terribly.  Even I called myself pathetic - "must do better Quibell!!!"

I've watched a few films in the intervening time - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was great, Captain America: Winter Soldier was awesome, and...  Do you see a pattern here?  I bet you wouldn't be surprised if I told you that I am going to watch X-Men: Days of Future Passed?!?  Well I have to - superheroes, time travel, based on one of my favourite ever X-Men comic series that also happened to have a kicking arc in the animated series as well - just like the introduction of Venom in the Spiderman series, except that the film Spiderman 3 that depicted the same story, sort of, was handled horrifically in comparison.  I'm sure than Bryan Singer will do better than the usually fantastic Sam Raimi did with the Spidey in question.

Quick points about the two superhero films;

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - I do hope that Electro isn't finished because that new take on that villain is pretty damn cool.  Foxx is great in the character duality.

Captain America: Winter Soldier - If you keep your ears and eyes peeled, then there are enough hints to events in future films and the Agents of SHIELD television series to sink an entire armada at least!  Ask my friend +Chris Harris about that!!!

Anyway, this is supposed to be just a quick "hey up" sort of thing so, erm, hey up.  Back soon with, of all things, a review.

Thanks for reading and please take care.

16 May 2014 (43 years, 5 months, and 20 days old).

PS - Also watched The Book Thief at the cinema.  Damn fine film!  Different, but damn fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment