Saturday, 19 September 2015

The Way Things Are

Hey all *waves*

I know, it's been a long time! A very long time!

My work has been all driving for the past couple of months, which however interesting, is also something that makes finding time to bits and pieces even more tricky.

When I was sat on sites doing security work, it was easy to find the time in between the work.  Driving though makes it nigh on impossible.

We are just over half way through September of 2015 now, which a couple of weeks prior to the end of the Fifty Ninety songwriting challenge - ninety days from July 4th to October 1st in which to write fifty songs.

The "fifty songs" thing isn't so important, but rather the fun that comes from writing and recording songs - something completely new that you have done yourself!

My output this year has been lacking in many ways, mostly due to my work.

When I worked on sites during these challenges, I would be listening and commenting on other people's output, and also doing my own stuff.  Even if not, I would be okay to find time at home to do some writing and recording.

I feel as though I am letting other participants down with my near invisibility.  I don't want to be like that at all.

I was planning a few things during the challenge, but just don't have the time.

We shall see what happens.

I will carry on with taking part as much as I can, and hopefully get at least one or two more pieces out!

A "corpse piece" I've been working on is incredibly time consuming.  Trying to work on something where I've got four electric guitars, seven acoustic guitars, bass guitar, piano, organ, synth, drums, and vocals recorded is taking an age to put together.

A "corpse" in this case is something where each person does a section of something based on the last bit of someone else's piece and then carried the baton over to the next person.

This one however is called a Progressive piece, and I'm trying to go all out with it!

I've not installed ProTools yet, and it's actually a bad copy that someone got hold of for me. I thought it was the real deal, but it's a dodgy copy.

If things get flush, then I might have to bite the bullet and pay full price.

I have other bits I've done, but they need transferring.

Anyway, I'm being called away.  Such is life when your other half hardly sees you.

Sorry for moaning.

I think I might book two weeks holiday for FAWM (February Album Writing Month)?

Thanks for reading. Take care.

September 19th 3015 (44 years, 9 months, and 24 days old).

(links to be added later)

No comments:

Post a Comment