Sunday, 31 July 2016

Cinema trip

A quick blog...

On Tuesday night I went out with some friends to the cinema.

Being the geek that I am, we went to see Star Trek Beyond, the new film in the massive Star Trek franchise, which in itself is in enjoying it's fiftieth anniversary.

It's another of those films that I've been really looking forward to, which is quite the list at the moment!

Films that I'm looking forward to at the moment include Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Rogue One, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, and plenty more.

Suicide Squad and Justice League look potentially great, but I've always been more if a Marvel comics person - they were a fun read as a kid, whereas DC was a bit serious.  I read friends' Batman comics and enjoyed them, but they were very serious!

Anyway, I went to see the new Star Trek film with Gareth & Russell, along with Russell's "adopted daughter" and her boyfriend. Mine and Russell old school buddy Rob couldn't come, as he was away with his family.  We missed him!

The film was fantastic, and much better than the previous two films!

The film did a great job of returning the films to the spirit of the originals, whilst also making it relevant to today's audiences.  The late Anton Yelchin was great as Chekov in the film, who was pivotal, as were all of the main characters.

There was something about the ending that irked at me, but I'll leave that be without spoiling it for anyone! 

It made a nice change to go out with friends, and it's something that I think I need to do, and look forward to doing more of.

Great film, great friends, great time...  Great!

Thanks guys, we'll do it again soon!

Sunday 31st of July 2016 (45 years, 8 months, and 5 days old).


No comments:

Post a Comment