Hi, it's been a while again, I know...
Just a quick blog here, because there's something that's really niggled me.
I switched on the TV, and saw one of those programmes that talks about controlling your personal finances.
While watching the programme, there was a segment about "contactless payments", which I'll honestly admit I really don't like the idea of!
There was a time when credit cards didn't have PIN codes, and they had PIN's to stop thieves from being to steal people's cards and being able to use them so easily.
Now we are back to having a payment method that makes it easier for thieves, and there are a lot of them around these days!
I do understand that there are limits in place, but I've also heard that they're trying to expand on how much those limits are, in order to "make it easier"!
Yes, easier, but not just for you the legal owner of the cards, but also for thieves to get more out of stealing one of these cards!
I for one am not looking forward to getting my cards renewed, but then I will be looking into removing the contactless side to it, which is possible.
If you want to do that, then go to your bank, and they will help you.
Thank you for reading, and please take care.
July 11th 2017 (46 years, 7 months, and 15 days old).
I understand your reservations but I can tell you it is really handy, when you've tried it a few times you don't want to go back to the old way of entering your pin code every time for small amounts. It is very popular in Holland, we're rolling them out these weeks at our DIY stores (I work at the IT department at the HQ) because customers are asking for them all the time. (46y0m14d)
ReplyDelete