Friday, 28 June 2019

Coming Up

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all okay.

I know what you’re thinking - Marv’s blogging is a bit like public transport, where you wait for ages, and suddenly two posts turn up!

Basically, this is me reminding myself of what I’ve got on!

Firstly, on Tuesday July 2nd I’ve got tickets booked to go and watch Spider-Man: Far From Home, which both me and Louise are really looking forward to. Probably more so with me, as I’m a proud geek!

The reviews for this new Spidey film are all really good so far! I don’t base my viewing too much on reviews, but it helps in some cases. In a way, with films like this, it can help to calm the ridiculousness of “the hype machine” that invariably accompanies blockbuster films!

On Wednesday July 3rd I will be doing some recording at The Old Library Studios in Mansfield, which is a replacement for a session postponed from last year, when they were having some refurbishments done.

During that session, I’m looking at putting down the rough guides for a two pieces that I’ve been working on recently, neither of which have lyrics as yet.

The first is presently entitled 10:33, as that’s what the total time has been logged at so far for the seven section piece. I think I might have mentioned that in passing during the previous post.  I don’t know if I did, as I wrote that piece around a week ago! Initially I will put an acoustic guitar down for the structure, which will all eventually be replaced by the proper instrumentation.

The other piece, which is called Emergence, is an instrumental piece I’m working on, which is more of a project than a song as such I suppose. It’s another in my experiments in catching a vibe, building on that, and seeing where it goes.

Between the night of Thursday 4th and Sunday 7th, there is a heavy metal festival happening near to me called UK Techfest, which I will be going to, and am really looking forward to.  Last year I turned up to watch the The Contortionist, and Sikth, neither of which let me down! They were both absolutely incredible bands, and this year I’m looking forward to seeing Dying Fetus on Friday, Monuments and TTNG on Saturday, and then the absolutely incredible band Leprous on Sunday! I might nip down on Thursday to catch Jon Gomm live as well! £79 for the whole festival is a great price!

I’d love to catch up with some of these guys and chat with them, which I’d then post up on here of course! You never know.

Anyway, that’s incredibly busy for me! I’m looking forward to this stuff a lot. :-)

Thanks for reading. Catch you again soon.

June 28th 2019 (48 years, 7 months, and 2 days old).

No comments:

Post a Comment