Friday, 28 June 2019

Hey up Catch up

I’ll try this one again.  I actually wrote this on June 20th, but it didn’t seem to work!

How long has it been?!?!?!

I have absolutely no idea how long it has been since I last posted, but I know that it’s been a long long time!

It could have been back when Stan Lee passed away, but I think it might have been more recently than that. I just don’t know!

The songwriting challenge known as Fawm came and went, with a less than stellar turn from me. I especially didn’t like how my listening and commenting on others’ songs was particularly bad.

Since then I’ve been practising more, especially on guitar, and on bass. I also cheekily have played pianos on any sites that I turn up to at work that have pianos on site! Shush, don’t tell ;-)

I’m purposely pushing myself to play more often, and I’m always coming up with ideas! ALWAYS!!!

However, they’re just snippets of ideas for the most part, because most of the time it’s only about five minutes a day.

I have actually got a couple of longer works pieced together using bits that I’ve come up with! The most recent of those I have purposely been working on, but it seems to have just kept growing, where at present there are six different sections in total to the whole structure, which is quite something.

I will be working in the studio on this one, and am practising it in earnest, so that I can work it up and perfect my performance of the basic instrumentation that I’m starting with (acoustic and electric guitars, and bass guitar).

After this, we will see what time is left for recording on that day, and then decide what is done. I’ll either add more (such as drums or keyboards), or I’ll make something up

I do have something that I started writing on piano recently, which might surface in that session. July the 3rd is the day we will find out

I’m happy-ish with my playing lately, but I really wish that I had more time. Roll on winning the jackpot on the lottery and giving up work altogether, and spending more time on music, and with my girl of course!

Anyway, that’s a decent catch-up. Quick pointers I suppose;

1. At the cinema this year I have seen Captain Marvel, Avengers Endgame, and X-Men Dark Phoenix. There’s the new Spider-Man film in a couple of weeks, as well as a few more things I can’t think of. Always make sure that you get "dates" with your other half!

2. There’s another music festival at the Newark Showground at the beginning of July, which will feature the band Leprous, who I think are absolutely awesome! I’m really looking forward to catching them live, as well as other bands, and I undoubtedly Leprous will play songs from their forthcoming album, which is cool! Techfest UK is from the 4th to the 6th of July I think, so you know where I’ll be!

3. I’m sad that the local comic-con has been cancelled for personal reasons by the organisers. I look forward to that every year now as well.

4. The ballet at the local theatre this November is The Nutcracker (performed by the Moscow State Ballet, also known as the Kirov), which has quite possibly my favourite music in any ballet. However, they have set it for November 5th, which means that we will obviously miss the local fireworks display at the rugby club again, which is always an incredible display!

Anyway, we’ll catch up again soon I hope.

Thanks for reading, and take care

June 20th 2019 (48 years, 7 months, and 25 days old).

No comments:

Post a Comment