So here we are then on another Saturday morning. I can't believe that it has been so long since I last blogged, but then I am taking it easier blog wise at the moment. Not only are some people possibly getting irritated at the amount of posts they were getting on Twitter and Facebook (and that Google Plus thing now as well), but I suppose that the easing of for a little while was something that I need to do.
Anyway, what to chat about then?
Firstly my younger brother has now made it to Japan, although I will be happier when he has a place of his own rather than staying in hotel rooms. The question is this though - will he lose the place where he lives while he is back over here in the UK during his long break next year? Probably not, because everyone deserves a good holiday.
I found out recently that I had enough points on my mobile phone rewards scheme that I could get a Blackberry Curve for under £27 including postage and packing. What did I do then? I got one. It was a difficult decision between that and the Galaxy Y, but the Blackberry won out in the end. For those asking why I didn't go for the iPhone, my answers are thus;
1. My network doesn't have the iPhone apparently (and I won't change network because they have never let me down for signal yet).
2. I can't really afford one on my wage because, as with everything Apple related, it is expensive.
And finally -
3. I have an iPod that has a significant memory that I am sure they will never issue an iPhone with the same amount of memory. If they did, then I would happily get that and actually then replace both my phone and iPod at the same time, which would free up an inside pocket.
Work has had me working basically night shifts consistently now for a good while, but luckily they have been keeping me local, and the finishing times are better so I can still sleep relatively well - much better than when I was finishing at nine in the morning I can tell you. That is the moan about work out of the way.
Anyway, back to the Blackberry. I had teething problems with it to start with, but have started to get used to it. The only thing is that there isn't much room for app's on the thing and that is after I have bought a memory card for it as well because it won't save app's and games onto the memory card (calling them app's already hey). That is an irritating thing I will admit about the app's and games, but I will carry on and get used to it, even with the foibles. Nobody's perfect after all.
I've not tried writing my blog with it yet, but am very tempted to. It should do a better job than my previous phone did, which I still own and think is a great little phone. I'm sure that someone will spot me sometime blogging on it in the future rather than carrying the laptop around.
I have already made it so that I can get onto Facebook (thank you Dawn), Twitter, and one of my e-mail accounts (must sort the other out). The only thing there is that every time I get an e-mail, my phone beeps at me, and I don't know until I look if it's an e-mail or a text message. Again a minor gripe.
Someone suggested that I just send the phone back and ask for them to replace it with the Galaxy. I don't really know. I know there is a monthly charge for the Blackberry on top of the pay as you go business, but I think I have become addicted to it already. It's really bad in some ways.
When I go to the toilet or to make a drink at work now I will quickly go to the phone and switch on my Google Talk account when I have been chatting to people, whereas before I used to just type "brb", which for those who don't know is the way that lazy people say "be right back". Yes, I have become one of those too in some things. I draw the line at these people who say these things in public though damn it - that is so irritating! "BRB BFF KK" - shut up!!!!!!! Haven't you learnt how to speak at school, or are they trying to make it easier for people to come into this country because there will be no language for them to learn eventually?
Oops, got carried away there again. Typical of me that.
So, George Clooney and his father Nick got arrested then outside a Sudanese embassy for protesting against attacks on civilians in the Sudan. Others arrested included Virginia congressman Jim Moran and civil rights leader Ben Jealous (no puns on his name, even if it is tempting). He didn't have to do it to promote a film or anything, or he would probably be protesting at the Syrian embassy to promote the DVD and Bluray version of Syriana instead?
I know one of those links is the Daily Telegraph webpage, but it was the first site that came up.
Anyway, to finish off I will do my own bit of promotion. I have removed some songs that are on my album A New World Order from my Soundcloud site and am about to go to Myspace and remove them from there as well because I have just made it available on iTunes, Amazon, and a few other places in a lot of countries in the world as an album download. As a bonus for an incredibly good value price that I don't know yet because it's not shown up on there yet, there are now 32 songs on there instead of the original 22 songs that were available originally on the CD. That makes 10 bonus tracks people. I know it's sort of an old set (ten years old now believe it or not), but I thought that it was something that could maybe interest some people, so I put it out there for people to check out.
I blogged about all of the songs a good few months back, and only now have saved the money to pay to get it up for sale as downloads. I hope that people get something from it. My own personal favourites are probably Slave Song and When I Was With You (although the latter would make a good cover version by someone so much better than me I feel).
Anyway, that is a long blog for me, and it's the weekend so everyone have a lovely weekend. Even I have the weekend off, which is incredible to say the least! Unfortunately there is housework to be done though, and it is Mother's Day on Sunday (or Mothering Sunday as some people call it - probably posh people).
Take care. I'm off to watch that Nobody's Perfect link and check out my farm on Farmville, as well as get rid of those songs from Myspace (still probably the best Social Networking site for bands and music related stuff, even if the navigation is screwed up now, and I only show up to look every few months).
March 17 2012 (41 years, 3 months, and 20 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment