Friday, 9 March 2012

So many thoughts

Good morning everyone.  I hope that this weekend finds you well, and that no matter what, you will some how or another find some fun during it.

Today I have things on my mind, but have no idea how I am going to write it all down.  I know, I am saying "write it all down," but truthfully it is typing.  Hey what can I say, I'm old fashioned.

I got something during Friday for my Nintendo DS that I swore I would never get involved with in any way.  I'm not a fan of this e-book business.  I love the feel and everything there is about an actual physical book, but today at Gamestation I found a copy of 100 Classic Books for sale at the price of 99 pence and couldn't resist it.  "What the hell," I thought, "it's only ninety eight pence and there is bound to be something on there that I would probably enjoy reading."  There is an awful lot on there I have to admit, but I am still not happy that I have purchased it.  It will make a change from all the brain training and golf that I play on there.  I never have the money (or skill) to be able to go and play the real game of golf.

The Nintendo DS is something that my younger (half) brother James introduced me to many moons ago, and I am very glad that he did.  I have tons of games for it, and it does give me a lot of fun, probably too much if truth  to be told.  I will be honest and admit that I am one of those people that can't just sit and do nothing.  I have tried, but I just can't do it.  Even my sleep is irritated by my thinking of things, and then I get headaches, and well I am probably going too far with this already.  Needless to say that I am very much a restless person that needs to be doing something all of the time.  I would guess that that has always been the case.

James is very much on my mind at the moment because he is moving to Japan over the next week to become a teacher, and I know that the whole family is immensely proud of him but, I am sure, that like me every member of the family will miss him so very much.  As well as being my younger brother (I never refer to him as my half brother because that half business doesn't exist in my mind), he is also one of my best friends in the world, and that is why I will miss him.  We will be in touch over the internet of course, but that is still not the same.

His father (my step father) died a few years ago it is now, and I thought that since he had no actual physical photographs of his dad, that it would be a good idea for me to buy him a photo album and get some photographs of his dad that I will fill the album with, and it can be something that he takes with him.  I know that if John (his dad) were around today, that he would be proud as well of James as we all are.

So, that is basically where my head is at the moment, all those thoughts around my head, plus thoughts of John (James' dad), because those photographs have brought back memories, a lot of them really good ones.

Thank you for reading.  Please take care.

10 March 2012 (41 years, 3 months, and 13 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment