Thursday, 5 September 2013

September 2013 post

How are you? Here we are then with another blogpost from yours truly.

Wow, it is September already!!!  Time flies hey, and if you were culinary minded, then I suppose thyme flies! Little pun there - I know, very little...

So I'm into the last third of the 50/90 songwriting challenge, and it's going okay. It's calmed a little perhaps, although I'm daft because I've accepted a challenge on there - to write, record, and release an entire album during September.  I say that I'm daft because I don't have the same chance as many do of producing top notch recordings.

There are problems with the time and space available to me. A flat isn't exactly conducive to being a decent make-do recording area. The sound of next door's cat scratching, the neighbours fighting, their own music/television, outside noises (we're not allowed double glazing as a stipulation to living in a listed building), and many other things bleed through to the actual recordings. To use excessive compression and "gates" to take these things out would be enough to render the actual thing I'd want people to hear as useless and inaudible!

The idea I did have though was to create a predominantly electronic set, which would mean no microphones being used for the most part. However, that would mean me coming up with instrumental music that doesn't either (a) bore the listener by going on too long and meandering, or (b) isn't so short that it becomes an album of nothingness.

A tough one.  Also not helped with the fact that I can't seem to stop writing actual songs with lyrics and that... I'm in the zone!

I'm just reading through this three days after I'd written it and I'm thinking "just post it up" as opposed to carrying on. It is sort of neat package, so I'll do exactly that!

Thank you for reading. Please take care.

September 6th 2013 (42 years, 9 months, and 11 days old).


No comments:

Post a Comment