Here we are then, another Monday morning and I am looking forward to finishing this shift at 9 o'clock, when I will have to drive through busy traffic to get to that bed as soon as bloody possible!
During the night I have been carrying on a little project that I am undertaking, which is to somehow copy everything over to external hard drives in readiness for completely gutting this here laptop, to replace the Windows Vista with Windows 7, which I have sort of wanted for a long while now, but always been scared of having to fork out to pay for all of the software I got off the internet again. Now I am biting the bullet because I am bloody sick of the slow OS, and the fact that there is so much more that I can do with Windows 7 that Vista won't let me do - hopefully including better recordings!
I also had the chance to watch the film X-Men First Class, which I got as a freebie from Blockbuster, whilst getting Louise a film with Keanu Reeves in called Harry or something, I can't remember now what it is called, but I am sure that we will probably be watching it together on Tuesday before it has to go back. It's about someone that gets pulled into a robbery without meaning
I eventually got to watch the film The Searchers as well over the last week, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was one of those times where John Wayne really gave it his all, which I don't think he does all of the time. That's just my opinion, so don't go off on one oh devout Wayne-ites.
I still haven't got around to doing anything for that last song on Paul McCartney's first album, which I know I have to do. I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to be bothered lately, and I can't understand why.
Over the last week there are a few dates of interest. The 22nd of November 1997 was the day that Michael Hutchence from INXS died. The 24th of November 1991 was when Freddie Mercury died, and that really surprised me because I didn't know that it had been that long. The 27th of November 1970 was when George Harrison released the astounding solo album All Things Must Pass, which was exactly a day after I was born, which coincidentally is the day that John Lennon & Yoko Ono left the UK for New York, with John never stepping foot in the UK ever again. I don't think my being born had anything to do with that. Well, I hope not anyway.
Louise made me a lovely Coffee and Walnut Cake for my birthday, and it is already finished, I am sorry to say. Hopefully she will make more cake soon, because it was bloody gorgeous I'll tell you.
I have been looking at Christmas coming up, and surprisingly for me I am absolutely all over the place present wise. I am usually much more organised, and in fact usually finished by now to be honest. I can't believe how not sorted out everything is. I will be very soon though, mark my words! I will be giving Louise the Christmas Card list later because she has asked if I want her to write them out... Daft question really, because I am likely to say yes to that offer.
Anyway, I can't really think of what else to write and, in all truth, I am sick of my accidentally hitting something near to the keyboard on this laptop which keeps moving the blooming cursor away from where I want to be typing, and occasionally deleting text. This has taken far longer than I would have hoped.
Anyway, thank you to everyone on the social networking sites who wished me a happy birthday. It was a nice day. I may have been at work for some of it, but that didn't stop it from being nice. I also worked at the Cancer Research shop on Sunday because of the rather boring Christmas Lights switch on at Newark, followed by this shift right now.
Thank you for reading, and I hope that you all take care.
28 November 2011 (41 years and 2 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment