Good morning, afternoon, evening, night... Wherever you are it is obviously some time or other. That is of course unless you are one of the Bajoran gods from Star Trek Deep Space Nine who do not live in time as we know it. Trust me to find a link hey. What can I say, everyone knows that I am a Star Trek fan by now, and I am not at all embarrassed by it. I happen to think that it is an incredibly clever programme, in it's various different guises.
So, here we are then. In the UK it is around half past three in the morning as I am starting to type out this completely made up on the spot blog, discussing whatever is on my mind right now.
First of all, let's look at who has their birthday today (4th November);
Matthew McConaughey and Sean Combs (P Diddy, Puff Daddy, or whatever he's calling himself these days) were both born on this day in 1969. Malandra Burrows (1965) known mostly for her acting role in the UK sitcom Emmerdale, Karate Kid Ralph Macchio (1961), Chris Difford of Squeeze fame (1954), and more. Well, there are some names to digest aren't there?
Carrying on with the Deep Space Nine thing, the episode Trials & Tribble-ations was shown in the US on this day in 1996 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the first showing of Star Trek's original series in the US. Star Trek Voyager celebrated it with an episode linked to the events in the brilliant Star Trek film The Undiscovered Country, the last to be based solely around that original cast. I say cast because the original crew came back in JJ Abrams' fantastic recent film, which I am looking forward to seeing the sequel to when it comes out at the cinema towards the end of 2012. Hopefully it will come out before the world ends because I'd be well pissed off otherwise.
Speaking of films that I am looking forward to, I am also excited about a new James Bond film in the offing, especially after reading this article on line. Javier Bardem looks like a cracking choice for a bad guy. I like it when they actually pick a foreign actor to play the parts rather than someone doing a terrible impression a la Kenneth Williams french accent in Carry On Follow That Camel. I know, that is meant to be a mickey take, but you see where I am coming from.
Another Deep Space Nine episode shown on this date in the US was the great Season 7 episode Treachery, Faith, & The Great River. The Next Generation showed the brilliant Unification Part I on this day in 1991 (Season 5). Well, that's about all I can find on Star Trek on this day. I bet there are a few people that are glad to hear that hey?
Anyway, what else can I speak about? I obviously know that Christmas is coming up because once more the car seems to be playing up, as it inevitably does at this time of the year. This time however I think it's faulty brake pads, which were only replaced for the MOT at the tail end of September, so they will be covered and won't cost me a penny. That is of course unless they say it is something else entirely, and then money will have to be spent. Bloody typical. I sometimes wonder if it was worth passing my test!
If nothing else, the money I spend on the car obviously gets in the way of me buying a new acoustic guitar to replace the one that is having some problems. I think the damp in the flat is causing the neck to go slightly off, making it a bitch to keep in tune. If I had bought a case rather than a bag for it, then maybe that would have been better? That's just a guess as to what the problem is. Self diagnosis isn't always right. Some suggestions may help. I am thinking presently of just dropping the gauge of the strings I use to 9 or 10 rather than the 13's that I use normally. I'm not sure whether that would make any difference. As I said, suggestions would be welcomed.
Anyway, I have been typing this for so bloody long now and am neglecting my duties completely at work. I had best get on. It is now a quarter to five in the morning. I take time on these things you see.
I have been missing the blogs of my friends Matt Blick and Drew Baxter, but I am sure that they will be back soon with more riveting matters of discussion to while away my time at work.
I will most likely be blogging again over the weekend. Take care and, if I don't blog, have a great weekend. If I do, erm, blog, then, err, still do have a great weekend. Thank you for reading.
4 November 2011 (40 years, 11 months, and 9 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment