Tuesday, 17 January 2012
More catching up
I know, it's been over a week since my last epistle, but I just haven't seemed to get around to it.
Not much has happened really since the last time we met here online. I've been moved to another site since then, and it is one that is incredibly near to where I live. I won't give away any details because I can't do that if I am being honest. It's probably a good thing if I stop talking in any way about the work that I do, other than people knowing that I am a security guard. Like I said, I think it is best that way.
I have been enjoying playing music lately, and that has included doing something towards the music blog, where I have put mandolin down for the Paul McCartney song Kreen Akrore. If I am being honest then I have to admit that I'm fed up with that song. I do however have an idea of something to do, and will sort it out very soon. Possibly within the next few days. The actual next few blogs in that series are already written, but music is obviously required. I am also starting to discuss a new album altogether in a couple of blog posts time, and it isn't one by McCartney!
I'm really looking forward to getting a couple of weeks off work soon, but I am crossing my fingers that they will only cover me on the site I am working at rather than replace me during that time. That is something that worries me now, rather than with companies that I have worked for before now. Before now I sort of knew what was going on. When I was working for the company where I was being security for different Morrison's stores, then I knew that I was working for different Morrison's stores. When I was working for the company where I was security at a site in Chesterfield, then I knew that was where I would be. There is now the slight fear and insecurity that I haven't had for a long long time. In fact, probably since, well, forever really.
I can go back through my life and look at the jobs I have done over that time and see that there was a certain job security there, but this is different. That plus I've grown tired in a way of being moved from one place to another and all of that. There is something about getting used to working at one place and getting to build relationships with those people that work there, although I suppose I do have to learn to keep that slight bit of distance at the same time, because obviously they are just being who work where I am based, and I sometimes find that tricky because I like making "friends" with people, and that's not always the way to go. It's taken a long time to realise that, but I am starting to at last realise that that is the case.
I'm not completely sure what I will be doing over the couple of weeks that I am having off, but I'm hoping to catch at least one gig over that time, because I have really missed catching bands playing, especially those that feature musicians I am friends with.
I won't be doing an absolute load over that time, but basically chilling and possibly not having to use every single penny of my wages just being able to survive. I suppose that is the same for a lot of people nowadays, but I am also sure that there must be something that can be done about it! I won't let this get the better of me.
Anyway, I think I will leave this blog here right now. I know I haven't really said that much, but what the hey.
Thank you for reading, and please take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment