Monday, 9 January 2012
More waffle about this and that
So here we are on another day, and yet life just seems to keep moving on and on, without much ever changing from one day to the next. I keep going to work, and doing the same old thing day in and day out. I suppose that is the same for everyone.
I'm sat here at work now looking forward to a few hours time when I will be leaving and making my way home for a couple of days off. I will be just chilling out over these couple of days. That plus going to the cinema to watch the latest Sherlock Holmes film with Robert Downey Jnr and Jude Law in it. I am really looking forward to that.
Me and Louise both went to see Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol last week on a buy one get one free deal at the cinema (the same as we will be doing this week), and we thoroughly enjoyed that. We don't take much notice of what reviewers say about films. I myself watch television programmes and all sorts of things that people and critics say "nerr" to if I am being honest. That could maybe have something to do with me being a big science fiction fan, because the majority of science fiction is looked down upon by those supposedly in the know.
One big problem though with the whole sci-fi thing is that Louise isn't a fan, unless it's Harry Potter or something to do with time travel. She did like the first season of Heroes, but none of the seasons after that. I can understand where she is coming from with that though. I think the programme could have been saved, but there were a lot of mistakes made, and stories lasting for too long. I agree that the show needed stories that needed to be carried over more than one episode, but what I think they needed was probably to make stories go for maybe four or five episodes at the most, and keep relatively the same team of aforementioned Heroes. I'm sorry, I've started rewatching it and got back into it again.
I'm planning on going through all of the Star Trek series as well, because that's really where my love started from. I also remember watching Buck Rogers when I was younger, Space 1999, and other programmes such as that, but I don't own any of them, and I also would have guessed that like a few programmes that you watch as kids, when you try to watch them again as an adult they seem to not retain that seem sense of, erm, magic that they did way back when.
There are a number of films that me and Louise have seen trailers of when we went to the cinema last week to see MI:GP, and we would like to see them. It's funny really because it's the first time that we have been to the cinema to see anything since the end of 2010 with the film 2012 (thank you John Cusack, one of Louise's favourite actors).
It's difficult to find the money to do these things, especially now that everything just seems to keep going up in price and my wages just seem to get less and less as I pay more and more tax to get the country out of the financial shit that all of the rich people who don't have to pay more tax got us in to in the first place. It's nice to feel like I'm helping people, although I prefer helping people that can't help themselves rather than rich fat cats who make stupid money that is more in a month that I make in one or even two years. Sorry, I hit that subject again there.
Anyway, days off now, so best get on with all of this.
Take care and thank you for reading.
Tuesday 10 January 2012 (41 years, 1 month, and 15 days old).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment