Friday, 27 January 2012
What's Going On
Over the last week I have been on antibiotics because of swelling on the right side of my face. I and other wondered if it was a gum infection or something, but the dentist said that there were noticeable signs, but once the swelling has gone down they will be able to see better (with an x-ray too), so that is next Monday afternoon - an expensive thing this dental work business. I wondered if it was because I had accidentally poked myself in the gum with a fork whilst eating, and they said it didn't look that way.
It's funny how my National Insurance payments enable me to pay towards the dental work (and I don't actually think it's a waste of money by the way), but there are plenty of unemployed people around that I see who can have free dentistry but don't, and this I don't completely understand (other than them being scared of the dentist). I'm sorry if saying that has irritated anyone, but it's just something I was thinking about.
Anyway, we'll see what the reason for the swelling is. It's nearly gone completely now, and my antibiotics run out tonight. An irritating thing about taking these things is that when I started on them I was on night shifts, so on my day off I had to get up in the early hours to take a tablet. That's just a passing rant.
I do know that something I have done is to post three more blogs on the music blog series I'm doing over the last week or so, and that is something that I am proud of. I know that some question my versions of songs mentioned, but then I am just using the laptop's microphone and nothing else, although I could do I suppose, such as when I was recording vocals using my camera's?
I think that the songs sound okay considering what I use, and I am playing all of the parts (with the exception of the sampled drums on 'Oo You'. What can I say? The neighbours would be well pissed off if I bought a drum kit and had it set up at home. That plus I don't have the funds or space, unfortunately.
I remember having a drum kit set up in the living room of a flat off Sandy Lane in Mansfield, which was so great to just get onto and play the hell out of it with rushes and sticks (rushes are wooden brushes by the way). That was fun. Me, Paul, Andy & Tim enjoyed practising there with that kit set up, but the neighbours weren't pleased, for obvious reasons.
If you're interested I am listening to Ringo Starr's album Beaucoups of Blues for future sections of the music blog, but not for a little while yet. His first two albums were surprising. The first, Sentimental Journey, was a set of standards, and this was his second set, which is a set of Country & Western songs which were specifically written for him. At the moment I think it is one of his best that I have heard, and I haven't heard it before! I especially like what sounds like Jerry Reed's breathtaking guitar playing on the song on now - $15 Draw. That and what sounds like Pete Drake's slide guitar on it.
Anyway enough of that. In less than two weeks I'll be off for a fortnight, and that I am really looking forward to - I'll get to watch a gig or two that's for sure!
So that's where I am at the moment. I thank you again for reading. Please take care.
January 26 2012 (41 years, and 2 months old)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment