Monday, 2 January 2012

A New Year

So, Christmas has come and gone, and we are still here.  The government of the UK had decided before Christmas to leave the European Union and go it alone, and so we look forward to a year where things are "going to get harder, but we can get through it", so says Prime Minister David Cameron.

Of course with the money that he has behind him it is easy for him to say that.  If he were one of those like the people on the lowest pay scale, who were being forced to have to put up with a rise in taxes then it would be different.  He is however one of those in the higher bracket who always seem to get away with these tax rises.  Please excuse me while I continue to be irritated by their taking of the piss!  It doesn't bloody matter too much to them that everything is going up in price.  Food just keeps going up, fuel keeps going up, transport for those who can't afford to keep their own transport (or choose not to), and everything else does.  Bills keep going up such as gas, electricity, and the like.  Yet to them this is pocket money, but to us it is more difficult because we also have to put up with getting paid less at work, giving us less money to pay for these things that cost so much more.

I'm sorry, but I'm retreading old ground that I have discussed before now.  I just found that comment to be irritating coming from someone who won't really feel it.  I'm sat here at work wondering how I am going to afford to pay the bills that I didn't pay because I didn't want to be a tight arse over Christmas.  I bought presents for people.  I'll admit that I didn't spend as much as I would like to normally on presents, and there were people who I didn't buy presents for that I feel awful about not buying anything for.

Now though I am hopeful that I can catch up with what I didn't pay so I could afford the season.

I know, despite what other people might say about these things being necessary, that people such as Cameron, and anyone who makes money in that higher echelon didn't really have any trouble like that.  If they had to decide anything it was probably "should I forgo a couple of days from one of my couple of dozen holidays I was going to go on so I can afford to buy every present for everyone?"  Yeah, times are hard for everyone, unless you are one of those who make these decisions.

Anyway, that's enough of that.  I am hopeful that this year will be so much better than last year.  I look at the things that I do have that make things better.  I am one of the lucky people who actually has a job.  Admittedly there are bad parts to it, and these have caused me problems for many years now.  I can't go out and catch gigs with my friends any more, but I still have those friends.

I have great support from my family, and from someone incredible who loves me so much, and from her parents as well.  There are a few friends in Newark that we have, and that is a great thing.

As it stands, I know that I will catch up with what wasn't paid over Christmas, and I also know that I will make every effort to try and visit people that I miss, and that I will try not to let everything get on top of me to the extent that it has.  Everyone is having trouble, but I am going to try and regain some of the fun that I have lost over the last couple of years worrying about things.

This year will be different.  I know that I have probably said that before, but this time I am adamant.  I don't make resolutions because they always get broken.  When I quit smoking all those years ago I did it about a week or so after new year, because I didn't want it to be a new year's resolution.  That has worked well, and so I am so will this belief in me that the coming year will be better.

Here's to a great year ahead for all of you.  Take care, and a belated wish of a Happy New Year.

January 3 2012 (41 years, 1 month, and 8 days old).

No comments:

Post a Comment