Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Thoughts, things, and generalisings.

Hello to all those reading my epistles.  I do hope that this one finds you okay?  Are you?  We don't talk much and I do wonder how you all are.

This finds me at work (again), and looking forward to getting to bed when a lot of people are getting up for work - what a strange world it is.  Also, I could be going to bed when people in other countries are going to bed as well, but they could be going to bed after a day shift rather than a night shift.  As I said, a strange world if you think about it.

This past weekend I had Saturday off, but obviously that didn't include the going to bed after a Friday night shift, so I got in a little before six in the morning, and then slept too late to write some cards in time for the last post, cards I had got a long time before then (about three days truth be told, but still plenty of time).  In hindsight I should have just written the cards out as soon as I bought them, and then posted them off, but I was a fool.

This meant that I got into the car and drove to Mansfield to drop them off in person, of which I am glad that I did.  It made a change to go out, and it was nice to see everyone.  I miss everyone in my family, and it is always nice to catch up.  A sort of flying visit though, but worthwhile.

I've been looking at some of the blogs that I follow, and have found no updates to them, which made me think of writing another one myself, but I hadn't prepared, so this is the outcome of that bright idea.  One of many that I have I know.

I've done some more work on the other blog series that I do - I know, it's been so long that you're not sure if I had given up or something, but no I haven't.  It's just that I have slightly changed the way that I am working on it, and to be honest I like having some private time when I am trying to learn songs, and that has been in very short supply recently, plus the neighbours are so noisy that it is hard to work in that kind of atmosphere.  So there are a multitude of reasons for the delay.

I noticed that there is an incredibly small amount of information available online about Ringo's album Beaucoups of Blues, so I have altered the rule of not discussing songs written by non-Beatles, and am instead learning the songs so that I can discuss them more, but not in as much information I would the songs written by ex-Beatles.  That is something that is taking time, because I therefore need to learn the material myself, and that is of course being done by ear.  I have information on the first two songs finished, and have started writing about the third song.

I will no doubt have the guitar out on Thursday when Louise is out that afternoon.  The fact that the only thing that plays CDs is in the kitchen makes it slightly more irritating, because then I have to be in the kitchen to keep on pausing the CD and then going back to listen to bits again, so that I can learn the songs properly.  I say learn them, I'm actually just skimming through them and taking notes, rather than actually learning them parse.

I can't really think of what else to talk about so I will leave it right there and stick the theoretical pin in it.  Where that saying came from who knows?

Thank you for reading.  Please take care and we will chat soon.

19 September 2012 (41 years, 9 months, and 24 days old).

No comments:

Post a Comment