I can't honestly remember the last time that I wrote a blog. I suppose it was probably a little over a week ago when I was on a site somewhere supposedly working, because there was internet capability there, which I haven't had with my own internet.
That was an irritation to say the least. When eventually I did find myself able to get online again, I had so many withered crops on Farmville that I'm sure those farms would have been shut down if they were real and not virtual. Whatever, they are just games to keep me occupied at work for the most part, and a good job they do too.
Here I am again then on a site, ahem, working... Yes really. I have even been out and cordoned off an area for something important that I can't really talk about because that is site business and I try not to discuss work, too much.
Over this past week I have done some more song writing, learning more on the ukulele, and have come up with something for the other blog, which you will soon see back with a fresh piece on Ringo's second solo album Beaucoups of Blues. It's a tough one because when I originally started the blog I said that I would look at the songwriting of the four ex-Beatles after the split of that band, but after seeing how scantily represented this good album by Ringo was, I have placed into a position that I was trying to avoid because I feel that it needs looking at somewhere, and there isn't music available anywhere online for the album, so against my better judgement I am going to force myself to learn the album. It won't get as much attention of material written by the ex-Beatles themselves (none of that ended up on Beaucoups was written by any of them, even Ringo himself, whose own Coochy Coochy surely should have been on there). Watch this space, because I say I have started it, but I need to learn more than just the opening track, which is all I have done thus far.
I've been looking at potential songs for a set list, and have come up with some interesting ideas. I've been looking at my own songs from all over the place time wise, especially some very new ones that aren't even from the forthcoming One Day set, but from something else entirely. If you follow what I post up on Soundcloud, then you'll see what I mean. If you go there quickly then you will find for a very limited time that there are two FREE downloads available of songs from the A New World Order set, mainly because I have sent them to the podcast It's A Frog's Life, which is a podcast that plays acoustic based music (for the most part). The shows I have listened to I have really enjoyed, and he sometimes throws in a "curve ball", as in something you wouldn't expect. I won't tell you what I mean by that, but if you listen to the show then you will see what I mean.
It is one of many podcasts that I listen to, which also include my friends' Paul & Tony on Punky Radio, Filmsack, Autopilot, FabFourum (rest in peace), Fab 4 Free 4 All, and others (yes including Desert Island Discs as well recently because I hadn't heard it until recently when I wanted something to listen to and sometimes it is fascinating).
Actually, I've spending that much time on the ukulele and mandolin lately, that when I went to play the guitar the other day to transpose the chords of something I wrote on the ukulele, it felt so strange trying to get my hand around the neck of the guitar, which is enormous in comparison. I've also started TRYING to write out some music on manuscript for one of the songs entitled Sweet Precious Desire, of which there is a very rough demo on the aforementioned Soundcloud page. Who does Myspace now I ask you? Some out there may not be old enough even to remember what Myspace is!
I'm hoping that people will listen to It's A Frog's Life and buy A New World Order, as well as hopefully look and find Colours album and the Good Morning World single. Here's hoping. The sales will hopefully add to the Christmas spending money for presents for people. Like I said, here's hoping hey.
Other than that not that much has happened really. I'm happy with the material I am writing lately, but sad that I have missed the most recent First Tuesday Songwriting Group, because that was great last month (my first time going, but certainly not my last if I can help it). I'm sure that when I eventually get to the stage where I whittle down what material I have, it will most likely diminish because when I have a wealth of songs to choose from, then it gives me the ability to pick what songs to use, and which I can toss by the wayside - always a good thing.
For now I will keep on writing the tunes, writing the blogs, writing out potential set lists, and writing whatever else needs writing. I'll keep on doing the do, and getting on with it!
Thank you for reading. I'm not completely sure what I was on about there because it's taken me a few hours to come up with it, and my memory isn't great. Take care.
September 5 2012 (41 years, 9 months, and 10 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment