Sunday, 21 October 2012

Blogging, Riding, Restoring

Hello my friends and acquaintances.  How are you all?

I'm actually in a semi-happy mood.  I know that makes a change.

I've at last got back to doing the music blog, which is a good thing for me because I wanted to get around to finding the time (and quiet from the neighbours, which is a rarity I can tell you).  The latest music blog is a little bit of a job you see where I actually have to learn the songs by ear, rather than finding the music somehow, learning, and then talking about that.

As I have said already elsewhere, I was initially not going to go into too much depth about songs not written by ex-Beatles, but here I decided to do something different as there was nothing about the actual music of the songs on Ringo Starr's second solo album Beaucoups of Blues.  Hence why I have learnt the songs by ear, and have now put the music up for people to follow.

I'm getting very used to riding my bike to work now all of the time (so long as they leave me working locally), and I have made a decision that even when I do have a car again, I will carry on getting to work and back using the bike whenever it is one of the more local sites that I am sent to work at.  I just need to cut down on the naughty treats.  It's just that site vending machines don't sell fruit, unless it's inside some sort of sweet bar or something.

I've had to restore my iPod this week because it has been playing up, and now I am stuck with just over 4,000 or so songs on there rather than the previous 40,000 or so.  Why can't they invent a technology where you don't have to use the restore option now and then.  What we need is infallible technology that always works and never deteriorates.

What this titbit of information tells you is that I will have to find the time to get the external hard drives out and put more tunes onto the iPod.  I'm not sure when that will be because I quite fancy doing some more blog related work (song learning) while Louise is out on Tuesday afternoon again (I hope the neighbours stay quiet for that).

Actually, this past Friday I got the guitar out with the intention of blog work, but got carried away and wrote a new tune.  I did have time after that to work out one of the songs from the Beaucoups of Blues album towards the next blog instalment.

Anyway, here I am at work on my next to last night shift before two days off, and I can't bloody wait.  I am so tired lately, and need to catch up with some sleep.  I've become such a lightweight haven't I. :(

I think it could be the fact that for I only bring decaf drinks to work with me now, which was something that I was certain was causing me trouble with getting to sleep.  This was turning me into a not very nice person, and funnily enough I have been better since dropping the caffeine.  We do have some special coffee in the kitchen that is caffeinated, but that is a rare luxury.

I hope that you are all okay, and have a good week ahead.  Take care.

Sunday 22 October 2012 (41 years, 10 months, and 26 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment