Hey, how are you? I know that my blogs get less frequent, but the fact that it's a blog where I ramble on means that sometimes I really don't know what to ramble on about. Well, that isn't technically true I suppose, but I would probably just be going over old ground a lot if I wrote more frequently.
Let's do the old make it up as I go along thing and see where it takes us then.
As a catch-up, I am still without a car, but I am still working, boy am I working some. Work are giving me more hours because they want to "help" me to afford a new car, but I haven't the heart to tell them that there are other things that I need to sort out first, such as rent that is owed, and there's the Television Licence on the first of November (a great use of money that is for someone who isn't at home much to watch anything except for the DVD's that are sent to me by Lovefilm).
I do want to get a car, and I mean that wholeheartedly. However, I have to look at things in perspective and see that other things are more important. It is more important after all that I catch up on this rent, which in some ways I am happy about, because it is the only debt that I have with bills. Everything else is fine, as far as I know. Let me just use my grey cells a moment... Yes, that is it.
They are helping in another way by giving me shifts that are local, so there isn't much travel involved. That is a great thing, and in some ways I could really get used to it. I've grown tired of driving any distance really for work now, especially considering the amount of money that fuel is costing, and it only continues to keep rising. Also, the company I work for don't pay expenses anyway, so I wouldn't see anything back - I just get the same money working locally on 12 hour shifts as I would for somewhere that is 20 miles away, with nothing extra on top. Figure that one out for me if you can!
A really nice thing happened though on Saturday morning when I finishing my shift though, because the guy who was doing the following day shift turned up with a push bike for me that his son was going to just throw into the skip, and he said "I know someone that could do with a bike." Sure enough he was right. Other than a little one off riding of someone's bike at Chesterfield once, I hadn't been on a bicycle since I think pre-teenage if my memory serves me right.
The seat had apparently been lowered, and they had used a different bolting set-up on the seat since the original had somehow gone missing. I set off on it at quite a pace surprisingly, because the seat was far too high. So there's me with my bum hovering above the seat trying to avoid hurting, erm, myself. Every time I broke on the way home though I kept catching myself and having to jump off in a clumsy sort of manner because it was far too high for me.
I used it again that afternoon to get to my next shift somewhere else in Newark, having not gotten around to sorting the seat out. After that 16 hour night shift I cheekily got a lift home with the bike in the back, and took the bike indoors, where I left it in the hall. The neighbour was apparently none too pleased about this because he could be heard moaning and groaning about, I'm guessing due to the fact that it made it tricky to put his there. He could be heard saying "what gives them the right to put that ugly thing there?" The same right as him I think. I got three hours sleep, and when I was getting up I heard him and his girlfriend talking in the hallway saying "we could just put it outside because it's not worth shit." When I heard the door downstairs close, I popped downstairs and brought it up into the flat. While it was in the flat I sorted the seat out.
The journey to this shift therefore was more more comfortable, and I am now looking forward to two days off, although with a bit of irritation as I can't really go anywhere because I don't have a car, and I really shouldn't catch a train or bus anywhere, because money needs saving.
At least I will be getting a rest, which will be nice. I am hoping that the neighbours will be quiet on Tuesday afternoon while Louise is out, because I want to be able to get some work done on my other blog, as normally they are too noisy for me to be able to hear the songs that I need to learn.
Anyway, that seems like a nice place to leave things for now.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
October 15 2012 (41 years, 10 months, and 19 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment