I have read with a response that is a mix between shock and one of non-surprise at this information coming out now with regard to alleged acts of a sexual nature by ex-radio, television presenter, charity fund raiser and friend to the royal family, Sir Jimmy Saville.
My much better half Louise reminded me today that she had taken part in a charity fun run when she was but twelve years old, and this did bother me. She was the same age as some of Jimmy's alleged victims. Thankfully Louise wasn't one of those that he defiled and whose life was destroyed by him.
Now these people who worked for him and with him who have admitted to witnessing such acts have appalled me, because now he is dead, the man cannot be made to pay for the crimes. Why have they waited until now, and what would their reaction have been if it was their own juvenile children being sexually abused by this man?
Brushing things under the carpet; that's the way with a lot of these things in the entertainment world.
When I got to work this evening I found myself as usual when I relieve this specific person with his two newspapers on the table for me to peruse. I spent the first couple of hours doing just that, and both The Sun and Daily Mail have a lot to say on the subject.
In the Daily Mail, Sandra Parsons spoke of sexual predators having more likelihood to be someone who is admired and looked up to rather than the clichéd old man in a raincoat.
With my own experience, which I have spoken of in this blog before, I found this to be the case.
I will be honest and say that I did write in to try and get onto Jim'll Fix It as a kid, mainly because my auntie wanted to meet Kenneth Williams because of Wilo The Wisp, which was a programme that I saw very little of in truth, much preferring whatever was probably on ITV at the time (we only had three television channels back then). I did however think even then that there was something odd about a guy who was nearly sixty years old like he was back then sat like Santa Claus on a chair with a child on his knee, while he smoked enormous cigars and drink copious amounts of what looked like alcohol to me. I was too young at that time to work anything out, but I did think he was odd.
Anyway, that is getting away from the point altogether.
All of this just shows to me that things need to be done to protect children. It's right what Jane Moore said in The Sun that back then the word Paedophile wasn't known or used. But it is now, and we must do something to protect these lovely children against these disgusting, abusive, and mentally disabled people who would do such things.
They need all of the red tape that is now in place to become a teacher, or to have any job that brings people into contact with children on a one to one basis. In fact, why not start having school staff double up to ensure children's safety?
In the media, they need to make regulations where children are chaperoned at all times - ALL TIMES!!! Don't give these people a chance to do these things. Even with the law as it is now, people such as Saville will have got through the red tape because there was never a case brought against him to get his name onto the child sex offender's register, and he probably isn't the only one to have got away with it. Now that does scare me!
Thank you for reading. Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment