Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Where I Am At

Hello, how are you? I hope this blog finds you well.

It has been over a week now since my last epistle and, quite frankly, I've not had much chance to actually settle down and come up with something for your joyful (or not too bad) delectation, much as I like to waffle on about all sorts of things that really don't matter so much in the shape of things.

Since we last chatted I have had another single that has become available on the iTunes and Amazon placings for your aural entertainment.  I have thoughts for a video to accompany it, but that is another thing that requires that most precious and rare commodity known as time!  There certainly isn't very much of that around is there.

I was unsure as to whether I should release that song as a single, but in the end it won out.  There's also the fact that it was easy to edit it to a decent single type song.  Those of you who like intro's and outro's to songs will enjoy the album version, which has an almost dramatic introduction and a rocking out-going.  Oh yeah.  I just hope that people don't think that my drumming is programmed, because that is actual a real drummer in the shape of myself.  I don't play them that much now, but sometimes a drummer just doesn't show up and, well to be honest I just want the drums and percussion doing, so the music can be finished really.  I am not an amazing drummer by any stretch of the imagination, but I am a "make-do" drummer.  I'm there to do something that fits.  The strange thing is that the basic rhythm is almost precisely the rhythm I programmed for my original home demo of the song.  Perhaps it's natural to do that, I don't know.  I hadn't really done that intricate a demo for songs before really.

I've done a lot of reading lately, which I suppose would explain where a lot of my time has been spent.  I have really enjoyed it.  I used to read a fair bit when I was younger, but haven't done so much for a number of years, but now have got back into it in a big way.  I don't know why, but I am happy that I have.  I can quite happily sit down for hours reading a book, and in some ways I find it more interesting than going online - please don't take that too personally Mister Internet, it's just the person that I am becoming I think.  I don't think that I will stop my internet acquaintance, but I'm just making it a little more healthy perhaps?

Recently I have enjoyed delving into the literary worlds of people such as John Wyndham, Jules Verne, HG Wells, and am presently reading Killing Floor by Lee Child, which I am over half way through already after not even two complete night shifts.  It's not as distracting as the computer and the internet, and there's something about it that is just different.

It wasn't that I had given up reading during those years, but just that I hadn't done that much.  I read a fair few biographies over that time, and have a decent collection of poetry and verse books that I frequently delved into, but fiction was a rarity.

Other than all of that, I still haven't got a car, and am enjoying riding my bike to and from work (except times like tonight where I'm outside of where I live and work have loaned me a company vehicle to get here in).

Anyway, I know that is a short epistle, but I want to get back to the great character of Jack Reacher.

Thank you for reading, and please take care.

31 October 2012 (41 years, 11 months, and 5 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment