| November the 1st 2012 |
Would you believe that I actually wrote the first few lines of this on December the second. Very strange. I just thought "ooh I'll write a blog," and suddenly came across this.
As per usual I have no idea where I'll be going with it, but we'll get there won't we. I'm not one of those like my friends Drew and Paul, who know beforehand what the main subject of their blog is going to be. Well, sometimes I have been known to be specific, but that is a rarity as my head doesn't work that way a lot of the time. I know my limits. There is however my other blog, which is very specific and planned, but that is because there is a subject matter in general for the whole thing - the music of the ex-Beatles (by that I mean Wings, solo projects, Plastic Ono Band, etc).
![]() |
| Probably November the 26th 1985 ? |
I've pretty much finished the Christmas shopping without even realising! I know what you're thinking. How can someone not realise that they had finished their Christmas shopping? Well, I have a tendency of while I'm going around I will think "ooh that would be good for such and such a person," buy it, and then place it into the "Christmas Box" (yes, that is a real item by the way). However, this time I got to work and thought while I had a few minutes to spare (there are plenty of those I can tell you), I wrote a list out of people I buy presents for and then I put presents down that I had got next to the respective names. It is then that I suddenly thought, "wow, other than those who get cash, I have got everybody's presents!" It wasn't until that moment that I realised - honestly.Now I'm not trying to say that I am the great Christmas shopper that people should aspire to - no way! I am just saying that because of the way that I normally do my shopping for Christmas, I find that I pretty much have everything ready in time. Big problem now though is how to get the presents to these people when I don't have a car to do the annual Christmas Present Courier Service.
Therein lies a quandary that I have to think about. It's not like I can do it all in one day either, because there are a good few places to go to. The more days that I spend hiring a car out for this, the more I have to spend, and then the less money that I have to put aside for a car. Can you see where I am coming from there? It is a very tricky thing.
![]() |
| Henry Cooper flu-jab promotion |
I caught a little bit about the mini budget thing the other day and just thought the present government are a big load of scaredy-cats. Before the actual day itself there was talk of charging those with big mansions and that sort of place with an extra one percent tax - no skin off their nose. However, the "u-turn government" did what their nickname suggests and instead decided to not do that and make things much more difficult for the poorest in the country. I can just hear Prince Philip saying that "there is no such thing as absolute poverty in England!" Yes, and how would you know you pampered to the hilt and molly-coddled royal highness??? If there isn't such a thing, then the CONservative in Liberated parties are certainly trying to make it a reality! For political equality I will quickly add that all parties have their flaws, which they do. I just don't vote for either of those. Why? Well, the conservative party was pretty much what I remember growing up with for most of the life that I remember, and they love the class divisions don't they? The present so called Liberal party have very much shown that they back down very easily and don't push things. Okay, the Conservative party are the ones with the majority, but they wouldn't have got power if they had created a coalition with the Liberal party, therefore that Liberal party could stop them and say, "now hang on a minute", rather than being scared to get in the way and let their opinions and pledges count. A real life case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.
![]() |
| A smarmy git. |
Sorry, politics again - ooer. I don't half get carried away don't I? Anyone would think that this makes a difference to me - IT DOES!!! My opinion on the present Chancellor of the Exchequer is made very clear by the little caption that I have put to his picture at the side of here. The sooner we have a revolution the better - "Viva La Resistance"!!! Unlike Lennon in the song Revolution, you can count me in - I don't stand on the fence like his "In, Out"!
Anyway, before I start too many different discussion, I think I had better shut up and let you get on with your own lives rather than read about mine.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you all take care.
December 6 2012 (42 years, and 11 days old).
![]() |
| Barbers Shoppe, Newark Town Centre, December 1st 2012 |




No comments:
Post a Comment