Hello everybody, how is everything?
Recently I have enjoyed baking, so I first of all made some triple chocolate cookies...
In truth I bought a couple of tubs of triple chocolate cookie dough from work for a very cheap price, and followed the instructions. I know, that is cheating, but it awoken a desire in me to do it without cheating sometime.
 |
| Cookies on a plate |
 |
| Some cookies on a tin. |
After this, Louise suggested that I try my hand at making a loaf of bread actually from scratch... Yes, from scratch! No bread-maker or anything for cheating.
 |
Mixing the ingredients - strong white flour,
salt, butter, yeast, and warm water. |
 |
| Kneading the loaf for ten minutes. |
 |
| Dough kneaded and ready to prove. |
 |
Covered with a clean damp towel to prevent
the dough from drying out. |
 |
Voila! - that's the proven dough, which is then
"knocked back" to let the air out. |
 |
The "knocked back" dough is then placed
into the loaf tin. |
 |
| Then placed into the oven for thirty minutes. |
 |
And then it came out like this - rustic
perhaps, but still a loaf! |
 |
| Happy Marv! |
 |
| Still happy and proud! :-) |
 |
| Cutting a slice. |
 |
| Yummy, that looks great! |
 |
| Taste test.. |
So, as you can see I had a lot of fun making the load. I had fun eating it as well! ;-)
I will be making bread again, and maybe get to baking more things. It is a good experience and I was so happy about it. Louise took some great photographs as well, obviously.
Thank you for reading. Please take care.
October 31st 2013 (42 years, 11 months, and 5 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment