Hey there. I hope you're all okay.
This is a first since the beginning of September, where it's my first post in three days. I know, right!!! I think the last time that I posted anything was on Saturday, so what's been going on? Hmm...
Sunday was more going through the show recordings and looking at bits that stick out (glitches, mess ups, etc), and editing here and there. I know that a few people have told me not to sweat it, but I just want it to be good. I don't want the errors caused by my being a newbie, nervous and my respectful admiration. All of these people actually are podcasters themselves, and they do it all of the time. I am just starting out on the adventure, and some of these people actually do it for a living. I'll probably have the same thing in the future when I talk with more people.
I feel like such an idiot when I react this way, because I find myself saying internally "you idiot, just talk with them, it's fine!" However, that's not how it turns out. Instead I become a wreck of a person, with my laptop on my knees, shaking with my left leg going ten to the dozen with nervous anxiety. Man, when I talked with Sean O'Connell of Reelblend last Wednesday evening, even the neighbours downstairs could hear my leg going! When that chat was over, I had to have a drink to calm my nerves, and wish that I had done that... In fact, that might be a rare case where somewhere in the recording I change my dialogue, because Sean said something that made me lost for words, and I responded in a very stiff upper lip way, because I just didn't know what to say. It was such a nice thing that he said, and it caught me unawares! However, straight after the recording of the show I was calling myself all of the names under the sun, because of it.
It would be like if I ever met Paul McCartney face to face for a chat and all I said was "I like your music" - understatement much!
![]() |
| Random photo of a very large moth on a door panel on Monday night. |
Anyway, after that I went to work, when I had a couple of alarm responses, one sort of distant and one very close (I was actually at the end of the street it was on when the call came, which was useful).
Monday I got in a little later than intended, and got to sleep at about half past six/quarter to seven, something like that. I then woke up at midday, because I was taking part in Robbie Robertson's stream of conscious show Out Of The Blank, which I had been looking forward to. The guy had been waiting for me to be a guest for months literally, and it was so much fun, even in a bit where I was stumped! Do you ever moments where you look back at things and think "why did you respond that way"? Well, that was one of those. Robbie asked something along the lines of who would I want to have a conversation with alive or dead, and after what seemed like years, but obviously wasn't, I came up with George Gershwin and Ludwig Van Beethoven. Looking back now I know that in my mind I'm thinking of Mahatma Gandhi, the Dalai Lama, Freddie Mercury, John Lennon.
If I could talk with John Lennon, then I think that I would try to work out who the real John Lennon was, but then I don't even know if that would be possible in that fictional situation. It always seems to me that he was an expert at taking control of a situation, possibly even more so than Paul McCartney!
I'm sorry, but I'm digressing there! Needless to say that now I can think of so many more people that would be in that list! Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
That is actually, to me, a funny section of the show, because Jesus comes into there from Robbie asking about talking with Jesus, and I'm not going any further into this because it will both spoil it, and I might be condemned for blasphemy!
After that I couldn't get any more sleep for work, which is normal really. Once I'm awake, I am awake, and can't get back to sleep.
I did a bit more editing on shows, with the first two recorded shows being basically ready for distribution. I need to get a specific software download which will essentially master the show to make it sound (marv)smooth! <- See what I did there? I know, cheesy right!
I went to work later, and it was a busy one! There were a few alarm activations, which makes it more interesting in a way, because the constant rotation of going from site to site and doing the checks so many times in the night can get a little bit repetitive, so this sort of thing can make it more interesting, because it's sometimes random where the incidents happen. Thankfully, most of the time a lot of these things isn't actually a crime taking place, but you mustn't get complacent about that! It could be an incident taking place, and then you need to be alert and not be thinking that it's nothing!
The shift finished, and I left work at 8am. I've not really done much today. Tired. That's life!
![]() |
| Random photo of a snail on a site while walking ‘round on Sunday night |
However, because that is supposed an event taking place towards the end of October, I really want to get the episode recorded, so that I can have plenty of time to edit it, and have it ready for the Monday before the event (it needs to be ready for it to come out on Monday the 19th of October before the event itself takes place the following Monday. In fact, I'd like to try to get it out sooner to get it better publicized, but I may not have the time to edit it...
![]() |
| Random photo of a very young toad on a site while walking around on Saturday night |
I ust to explain, and pull the curtain back as they say...
Okay, so the recordings are done using zoom, and we have a conversation hitting the bullet points therein, even with me during the show introduction and outro. Then, hopefully seamlessly, I'll ask the people involved if they think that anything was missed that needs to be in the show, and we will carry on recording for those bits. After all of this we say our farewells, and I will have the job of putting the show together, and hopefully fitting those edits in where they would seem to fit into an appropriate place!
Anyway, I think I will leave this where we are, because it's quite some length at present.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
October 6th 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and 10 days old).






No comments:
Post a Comment