Hey there, I hope you’re all okay.
Yes, it’s really been six days since my last blog post! After all those posts in September, I’ve suddenly back turned into “Mr as and when”!
Most of the last six days has been spent with a mix of editing and working. Editing has been tricky with my very misbehaving laptop switching off with no warning. I’ve made the decision to buy a new computer at some point, and until then I’ll use Louise’s laptop to do bits on if my laptop plays up while I’m working on stuff.
The zoom calls I’m not sure of, because Louise’s laptop is weird in that it has no microphone slot, and the PC mic I have is a jack connection not a USB...
That is until Thursday when I have a new headset coming. I did get an XLR to USB cable for my professional mics, but I’ve heard that they would need a separate amp for volume purposes.
For now I’m thinking it’ll be easier to use the headset with headphones and mic on it, which seems like it should have better quality than the laptop mic that I bought in February for the When They Was Fab podcast appearance.
On Wednesday of last week I finally got my groove on and set up “publishing” of the first episode of my podcast show Pods Like Us, which was the first show recorded, with Robbie Robertson from Out Of The Blank. I’m not sure how to get details from all of the different providers with my show on, but I do know that I’ve had a review on iTunes, because I looked using my own iTunes account...
On Monday (yesterday) I put out episode two (also the second one recorded), which was with radio presenter Ben Burrell, who also presents the podcast shows Bob Dylan Album By Album, and Long Player.
Now initially the second episode going out when the episode with Ben was released was originally intended to be a talk with someone from the ironically named Marvcat Media, who have an event called Podcast Day Online arranged for October 26th. The intention was to record it, and get the show out two weeks before the event.
After that chat fell through last week because they lost track of time and forgot, it was arranged for yesterday (Monday) afternoon as being sometime between 2pm and 5pm, which would go out three days later. I woke up early from my night shift for this, only to find an apology email waiting for me as they forgot the person I was meant to be talking with had booked the week off, and that they’ll see about arranging someone else to speak with me later in the week. That’s where we are with that!
Luckily I have shows ready to go out, so that’s not too tricky.
I also have two shows at least that I’m recording during these two nights off from work! That will then give me seven pre-recorded shows as well as the two previously released shows!
There is the possibility of another this week, but that one depends on whether we’re going somewhere tomorrow (Wednesday) when locally we’re getting placed into what’s called “tier two” Covid lockdown!
The episode with me on Robbie’s show Out Of The Blank went out on Sunday I think it was. If you’re religious, then avoid it for a comment I make in that show!
Now here I am about to get the laptop out to continue editing an episode with the guys from 2 Legs. Wish me luck!
Thank you for reading, and please take care.
October 13th 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and 17 days old).
Other links: https://www.linktr.ee/marvsmooth https://www.themarvzone.org/pods-like-is-show



No comments:
Post a Comment