Friday, 2 October 2020

Editing Starts

 

Hey there. I hope you’re all okay. 

Yesterday (October 1st) was Louise’s birthday then, but it didn’t stop me from doing some show editing.

Both of the first two chats (Robbie & Ben) are almost there, but the others I’ve basically started on by placing the intro and outro themes in, and then placed the zoom call chats in between. The show with Robbie will be different to the others at the end because firstly it doesn’t include a thank you to the listeners, and secondly it doesn’t feature a post show extra.

What I mean by post show extra is that there are bits where, because I start the chats before the show itself starts, and sometimes carried on recording after the actual show bit, we’re just chatting about anything, and putting a little bit from each after the show is probably more for me personally, as it makes me happy that we’re having a good chat. These people have become friends after all!

There is a post show snippet from my chat with Sean of Reelblend, because even though we were limited for time, he still gave me about ten minutes more to make sure that everything was there, and to thank me for listening to their show, which was a moment!

Listening back to the shows, I can actually hear my confidence growing.  More editing to do, and I’m going to record more shows soon as well. I’m coming out of my shell.

Oh, I almost forgot... My editing skills will have to be utilised in the chat with Tom & Andy of 2 Legs, because listening back to a bit of it, I’ve noticed that Andy is much louder than both me and Tom put together. Unfortunately, even though Zoom can apparently give me individual sound recordings, I haven’t worked out how to get it to do that. So, that will be interesting. Just a single audio file of all three of us chatting then.

I also need to eventually replace my laptop as well, because it is old and gets overheated, so sometimes it just switches off at the most inopportune time, and I’ve tried everything, including trying a new fan, but none of that worked.

I have found out that at a push, Zoom still does record shows that are hosted from phones though, so that’s a fall back, because when Robbie hosted the first show for me, I was using my phone then!

Thank you for reading, please take care.

October 2nd 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and 6 days old).

PS - listening back to that first chat, with Robbie, makes me laugh and smile. I don’t like the word “interview” in the show’s context, but prefer “conversation” or “chat”. Even “discussion“ is a nice word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment