Well here I am again writing another blog using an "app" on my iPhone - modern technology hey! ;-)
I could go on about how technology has moved on over the years, but I would be wasting time. Mind you, blogs can be a big waste of time anyway can't they? Well to some they can seem that way. There are some that I like to read, but then I like reading anyway.
Once again I won't follow the train of thought in the direction of suggesting things to read. I've done that before now, and there is a perfectly good archive available to trawl through. Sometimes I wish there wasn't because I think back to some things I've posted and wish I could take them down, but in a way that seems wrong.
I'm sat bored at work and having trouble with technology if I'm being honest. My iPod isn't working well, and I think the problem there is the fact that it is possibly just too bloody old as it freezes a heck of a lot, and has done for quite some time. My assumption is that the hard drive on it is dying. That happens. No technology is impervious to the passage of time, despite what they say. In fact, in my opinion, as time goes on I feel that newer technology doesn't seem to have as much of a working life available as older technology.
I went to an antiques centre the other week and there was a really nice old gramophone player there that, if truth be told, I would absolutely buy if money was no object. I would even happily get some good old jazz & blues records to play on it. That would be great, especially on lazy days when you just want to chill on a day off or something. "The easy life"!
Today I'm on a rare day shift and it is fortuitous in the fact that when the shift is over I have a full week of holiday time. That means that as soon as the shift is over I am done.
Usually it is sort of irritating because being a night worker means that I finish my shift in the morning of my first day off or holiday, thus losing that first day technically. A minor qualm I know. Now though I will wake up the morning of my first day off, so that is cool.
I probably won't do very much in that time, but just relaxing will be good won't it? I'll keep telling myself that!
I won't be "doing nothing" for the whole week, but for most of it I probably will - sat at home playing guitar/ukulele/mandolin/whatever, watching telly, that sort of thing. But a few times I will be doing other things, though not as much as intended. I was meaning to use my bicycle a little, but that's not possible now that someone stole it. Oh well, more walking to and from work then hey! :-/
Anyway, that is my week ahead. Actually, things are different with the fact that Louise is now working. It is only part-time, but the fact that she is working four days does mean us not being able to do anything together for those days. I might see what's on at the cinema or something.
Fingers crossed at a good week ahead. Take care, and catch you next time. Thank you for reading and I must ask before I must dash away... ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment