When I got there it was completely alien. Other than for work purposes, I hadn't actually been in Lincoln for about thirty years! For work though I had only been to Morrisons on Tritton Road and the Lincolnshire Showground for my present company. Both of those are far out from the centre of Lincoln itself!
In a way I didn't know what I wanted to do, which is something else that I have done before at other places. Sometimes it is just so much to go somewhere without having a plan as such - just go and get lost! you can always ask people for directions back to the train station or jump in a taxi or use their park and ride services - you can't really get lost as such in that way.
From there I looked around HMV, then came back out and got directions to the cathedral there - it's the touristy thing to do isn't it.
By the time I got to the cathedral, it was about midday, and I saw that there Lincoln Castle was nearby as well. I was also meaning to go and visit my friends at Morrisons on Tritton Road, so a lot to get in when I had given myself a time limit.
I had a wander around the cathedral grounds, taking photos wherever I went (obvious from the Facebook page photographs and my instagram account). During this time I also ate the sandwiches I made myself. When I got back to the main entry side of the cathedral I got talking to a local lady, who was telling me about the work that was being done on the turrets, as well as some other ideas that they were contemplating, which I thought sounded good. For more, you can look on their website.
After that I went inside for a chat with the people there, and then I went to the castle just to see what the prices for admission were (quite reasonable). The trouble with both places though is that you need longer to go around each than I had to go to Lincoln altogether!
So, after changing my mind, I walked back past a "homeopathy practitioners" towards the city. I looked in Primark and again in HMV without buying anything (tempting as it was), and then looked at my watch and thought that after about seven hours without a drink that I should "get to Greggs"!
Then I caught the train home, which again came back through Hykeham, Swinderby and Collingham. The train pulled in at 2.53pm - Newark to Lincoln and back again in four hours! A nice little trip.
Thank you for reading. Please take care.
November 29 2013 (43 years and 3 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment