Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Movember catch-up




Happy Movember everyone.  I hope everything is okay with you.

As you can see, I am very much into the whole Movember thing, and am really happy with the facial hair growth. It isn't a beard exactly, because the two parts don't meet up.  I wanted to grow something for Movember, but I wanted it to be something that isn't just the ordinary 'tache.

The only thing that is making me a little disheartened though, and I hate to say this, but I have raised absolutely nothing so far except for the occasional comment of "man that moustache looks cool".  Just in case any of you are feeling charitable, you can check out my official movember page here!

To be this into a different context...  I have 586 "friends" on Facebook who, if they all gave one pound each, would put £586 towards further research into men's health issues, such as prostate and testicular cancer.  I also have 512 followers on Twitter, which would mean £512 if just those people gave only a pound each.  I know that these days money is tight and, in a way, I feel bad saying it because of the awful things that are going on in the world today.  However, I still think that it is an important cause, as there are so many people that still die from these terrible diseases and cancers.

There we go then, that is where I stand on the issue.

Now, to chew over the idea of keeping the "growth" after the month has ended.  I quite like it to be honest. :-)

Thank you for reading, now off to get the pots washed during yet another day off while my sweetheart is out at work.  She does so much in just six hours working at a shop.  I'm ready to watch more episodes of Breaking Bad tomorrow on Netflix, since my darling is out working voluntarily at the Cancer Research shop tomorrow.  Because of that I will get more episodes watched while she is out and also at work - the streaming from Netflix on my iPhone is amazing.  I forced myself to watch the pilot the other day and have become hooked.  It's a programme that Louise has no interest in though because of the subject matter.  Oh well, we can't all be the same can we?!?

Anyway, please take care.

November 20th 2013 (42 years, 11 months, and 25 days old - yes, it's my birthday next Tuesday).


No comments:

Post a Comment