Wednesday, 25 December 2013

Christmas Day post

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, etc...

I'll just go right out there now and say "YES I DO CHRISTMAS!!!"  Political correctness.  Some people celebrate it and others don't!  Why should people be uppity about it all???  Not that I am trying to controversial, confrontational or anything, but just accept other peoples beliefs.  Not everyone is going to believe the exact same thing.  It is an absolute impossibility.  If it weren't, then there would be no such thing as free will, and we would live as automaton - "Yes sir", "no sir", etc...

That last comment isn't intended as anti-anything, but is just making a point that we are all completely individual.  Completely!

Anyway, here I am at work (as per usual for this time of the year), and I am shattered.  That is the price you pay for working night shifts and living straight across from a church on Christmas Day!  Well, the same goes for Sundays and days when there are weddings (diminishing in amount), christenings (a good few), and funerals (more of those around here now that there is no accident and emergency department here for about twenty miles)!  However, most of the time I have fantastic earplugs that blot everything out completely.  I've run out, so that wasn't possible UNFORTUNATELY!!!

Today then is/was Christmas Day per se, but for me that point is a little moot because I could only open a few presents that didn't have Louise's name attached as my sweetheart has been out at her parents house.  Well why not?  Boring security guard partner in bed between night shifts, what sort of Christmas Day is that then.  It was unknown that I would be awoken after only three hours of sleep (yawn).  Oh well, if only I could sleep at work, but I can't...  Best get the Pro-Plus then...

There we are...  I hope that kicks in soon.  Adding to it is a really strong coffee!!!

I got some lovely things off my sweetheart for Christmas, which include very useful little notebooks, a couple of nice pens, and some other bits from the stocking (yes, we have stockings).  As well as that she got me books two and three of The Complete Oz stories, of which The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is the first story I think...  After seeing Oz The Great And Powerful, I was very much hopeful that Disney could carry on from there.  Easier said I know, but the idea is there.

L Frank Baum, the writer of the Oz books, wrote over thirty stories based in the land of Oz.  As children many of us have become lost in the Judy Garland film whilst watching it.  It is an enchanting story and it captures the imagination in so many ways.  This is really good considering that it is for the most part a very basic written novel, as all of the books are I believe.  The stories behind them though are incredible at pulling people in.  A fair number of children's books are like that - all of the Chronicles of Narnia books for instance.

She also got me a fantastic word game that could be played on my own, against others, or together.  I like word games, as does my sweetheart. :-)

There are of course other presents, such as the guitar plectrums from my brother, but I can't name everything that I have.  I've actually not opened everything because there is very little that is for me on my own (joint presents need to be opened together).

Anyway, that is very much rambling on, and I will leave it there.

I will get back to thinking about Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime, John's Merry Xmas (War Is Over), and all of the other stuff.  I'd have liked to have seen the Christmas Special Dr Who episode, but the mobile broadband is appalling this evening.

Thank you for reading.  Please take care.  Merry Christmas. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment