![]() |
| "What??? ANother blog post???" |
I know, I am on a roll aren't I?
Very quick one this time...
So last week I did the inevitable and always rushed big Christmas delivery to get around everywhere, but not everything went according to plan.
First of all I had to hire a car again, which doesn't half irritate me as I would much rather have a car of my own so I can do everything a little more relaxed. I could to one or two places in the first week of December, then one or two others in the second, and so on...
Hiring a car though means that everything has to be done in as little time as possible.
Day one then I thought that I would just go and visit my dad and his wife for a couple of hours, which is 36 miles each way apparently. This was because Louise was working until the early afternoon, and I thought it would be nice to fit in a visit to her mum and dads as she hadn't seem them since the beginning of October. We can't get to places very often - money and transport!
Day two was the day to do everything else if possible - it wasn't!!
![]() |
| Christmas Delivery Service - day two. |
I started out late because, to be honest, I realised that I had missed a present for someone. So I had to go and pick out something, then wrap it, bag everything up according to where they were going, and then make my way to Mansfield.
I started at my mum's, where I spent a lovely couple of hours, including a nice snack to keep me going (at about midday).
From there I went to my brother Richard's house. I assumed that he would want to come with me to my aunty Ann's. I was wrong, so another hour and a half or so there. From there to aunty Ann's where my aunty Lynn was visiting (I knew that already - I planned that one), where I spent I think a little over an hour, and finally my brother Mark and his family's where no one knew where the Christmas card to bring home was, so I waited for Mark's wife to come home from an office party. And waited. Roadworks on the way back on the bus route stalled it, which was also the route I would have to take to my friends place. I decided to post their cards just in time to reach there before Christmas, and let them know I will try to get there during early January. Oh well, another day with a hired car. I miss driving.
That is the Christmas Delivery service in a nutshell. I know I missed people and places, but it's not easy to get everywhere. Uncle Clive's present is in the post, and I hope that he likes it. Salisbury is just too far to fit in that schedule. I'm sorry :-(
Take care and have a wonderful Christmas.
Phew, three blog posts in less than a day!
December 23rd 2013 (43 years and 27 days old).


No comments:
Post a Comment