So after Monday's night shift, which finished at 9 in the morning, I went home and got a little bit of sleep. Well, three hours I think anyway. Then myself and Louise had a day in basically, except for me doing the shopping if I remember correctly.
Wednesday saw Louise being out for the whole daytime, and I took advantage of this by doing some work on the music for the other blog series. I'm not sure of when I worked on what with each song, but over time then and during Friday, I worked on parts for Teddy Boy, Singalong Junk, and Maybe I'm Amazed, including my replacing the solo to the latter, which I had first done by whistling it when I put the lead vocal down.
By saying that then, you will see that Tuesday and Wednesday were both days off. Thursday saw me working 9 at night until 9 in the morning, and then Friday was 5 in the afternoon until midnight. Saturday I had the same shift times as Friday, and now tonight I am working a 9 until 9 again.
I am continuing to enjoy catching up with the series Fringe, and am doing a lot of thinking here and there about things. I keep thinking a lot about how I could get back to doing music again if only the people I work for had stuck to my original request for working 4 shifts only per week, with the occasional fifth shift. You may look at that and wonder, but some may not realise that the majority of security work is based around 12 hour shifts. This then would make it a maximum of 48 hours per week. I think that is plenty of hours personally.
This would then allow me the time to work on music, visit people, and actually be able to enjoy time off. I know, I am moaning again here. I'm sure there are some out there who are thinking, "why doesn't he just get on with what he has and stop bloody moaning?" You're right of course. There are people who are far worse off than I am, and I should be glad of everything that I have.
I pay my bills, and I don't really owe anything. I'd be happier if I got paid more money per hour, and as I said I would like more time off. I'd like to be able to see people more often, and I would love to get to some gigs. I do however have the problem that with so little time off, I have to prioritise, and that means deciding between doing these things or having time with Louise. This is for no other reason but that there is so little time, and she is most important in my life. I'm sure that must be the same for all couples.
I am happy with the progress I am having with the other blog though, especially considering that the next song I start working on from that initial album will be the last song off that album. I am however wondering if I should actually do a recording of that song. To be a completist I suppose I should, but I'm not sure how to even start working on it, because it is an incredibly experimental piece. It's another one of those things that I have to think about.
Anyway, I'll finish this blog right here and now, so I can get back to watching Fringe at work. I'm presently on episode 13 of the third season.
I thank you for reading, and hope that you are okay. Take care.
October 10 2011 (40 years, 10 months, and 14 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment