Happy birthday to:
F Murray Abraham (Actor)
Ted Templeman (Producer/Sound Engineer)
Kevin Kline (Actor)
Dervla Kirwan (Actress)
On this day in 1931 Al Capone was sentenced to 11 years for tax evasion. In 1939 nylon stockings were sold for the first time at Wilmington Delaware. In 1946 the first photographs of Earth from outer space were taken by the V-2 number 13 rocket. In 1962 the US blockade of Cuba began. In 1988 the first album by The Traveling Wilburys was released (entitled Volume One). In 2003 the Concorde made it's final commercial flight.
All of this in just one day. I wonder what tomorrow and the week ahead will bring. I just thought I'd see what happened. After all, these are just a few things from looking on the internet, and there were more on the sites that I looked at.
That's just a little something I thought I would write.
I've spent tonight at work doing a few things. By that I mean some thinking, watching Fringe some more, lots of playing games on Facebook, and downloading some more episodes of the great Filmsack podcast. It was suggested to me once by my friend Paul B Edwards that I have a go at doing my own podcast, but I''m not sure if I have the confidence to do that. Besides which, there are already some great podcasts out there, such as Paul's Punky Radio show.
It's a shame really that my friend Drew isn't still doing a podcast with my great friend (and ex-band mate) Andy Dobb. I enjoyed that show. I have however lost track of what's called the Skeptical Podcast Of Doom, which is a real shame. I need to catch up with that. I am hoping to actually listen to every film sack that there is.
Actually I am hoping to find the time to catch Mr Dobb's group Elm Tree Row perform a gig somewhere soon, because I love what I have heard but, and I know this may seem like an excuse, hours at work, limited time off, and fuel for the car have got in the way. There are a lot of my friends bands that I would love to catch up with.
Oh hell, just remembered that I have some DVD's to send to a couple of friends who have moved to the US. They wanted me to record the rest of the Doctor Who series that was on. I have put them all onto disc for them, and must get them sent over. I will do it next week when I'm a little more flush.
I have set my recorder at home to record the series Alphas, which I am hoping will be a good show, although it sounds very much like Heroes to me. We will see.
Anyway, that is the end of a pretty nonsensical and very rambling blog.
I hope that you all have a lovely day today, and a lovely week because I may not post another blog before the end of the week.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
October 24 2011 (40 years, 10 months, and 28 days old).
Very pleased to see that you got the billing right - I did the podcast with a little support from Junior Partner Dobb!
ReplyDelete