![]() |
| Steve Jobs |
I had already done some work experience with the other two local papers at the time in Mansfield, the Observer and Recorder. Those were mainly office based and actually writing up stories, including one I happened upon on my way to the Recorder office, which was at the back of the main post office in Mansfield at the time. It was an accident on Harrop White Road, where I girl was hit by a car.
![]() |
| Steve Jobs with Apple Macs |
When I went to work experience with the Chad, I went a few times. It was something that the local social services had sorted out because I wasn't in a local school of course, instead being far away at a school for being naughty, which I've gone into a long time ago, and don't want to bring that up again.
![]() |
| iPod Classic |
I was taken out of that section, where they used AMSTRAD computers by the way, and was given the job of assisting the computer maintenance man there, whose name was Rick something or other. You have to remember that this is a long time ago, when a hard drive was bigger than a washing machine! Absolutely true that. Down there he was helping to sort out the failing AMSTRAD's and the Apple Mac's that were being for the Publishing program they used. When I used that for the first time it was amazing, I really loved it, and thought that it looked great. You look back on that original Apple Mac now and you think, "how ugly is that?" Back then though it was completely different, and looked amazing when put up against it's nearest rival, which was the PC, and they were cumbersome, enormous, and actually very boring visually. Even looking at the picture I've included here reminds me of how I thought they looked so good.
![]() |
| iPad |
![]() |
| iPhone |
Anyway, that's my reminiscing then for the time being. Thank you for allowing me this little dalliance, and I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend ahead. Take care.
October 7 2011 (40 years, 10 months, and 11 days old)





No comments:
Post a Comment