Here we are then, it is the early hours of Tuesday October 4th, and I am sat at work looking forward to a couple of days off.
When I say a couple of days off, that is one of a few things that is niggling me about work at the moment. I won't go so far into that to be honest, but this being my first day off I finish my shift at 9 in the morning after a 12 hour shift, and then I will be going to bed because I am bloody tired. When I get back home I will have been awake for around 24 hours. Obviously then I will be going to bed once I get home, and then I will be getting up sometime around mid-afternoon, which means not much of a day off.
The second day off will be spoilt by Louise being out all day basically, and then I can't get carried away on the Thursday because I will be back to work. If it wasn't for all of these little niggles, then the site would be perfect I suppose. Because of all of the niggles though, I think it will be a good idea if I get looking for something else, and then that would be much better for me.
Since I last posted though, I have been at work every night. Yet another niggle that I have, because I really wish that I could actually enjoy time to be able to do things and, in all truth, I thought that I had it when the company I am working for said initially that they would be able to work around me - a give and take basis. This has changed into a take from their point though, with no give at all. To be able to work around they said that I would have to discuss it with the other officers on the site, which is absolutely ludicrous. They are the employers after all. I know that everybody wants some semblance of organisation in their lives, but the other officers won't give at all.
If you want to know what's pissing me off then I will tell you. Apparently every Thursday from now on I work from 9 at night until 9 in the morning, then have to drive back home (the site isn't in Newark where I live), and then I start again at 5 in the evening. That is an eight hour difference between shifts and, quite frankly, I actually like to get some time to sleep and look relatively presentable before I go to work and feel that this isn't as such. One of the officers here said, "well I only need 4 hours sleep a day." I said perhaps that is an age thing, not meaning to be ageist or anything, but I think he saw it that way. We will see. I can't say that I am that bothered. What's the worst that could happen? I could be pulled off this site and assigned to doing what I was doing before covering sites nearer to where I live with better hours.
Anyway, here I am then looking forward to what little time off that I am going to get. There isn't much that I can do, because unfortunately I don't have the luxury to share any time with my better half like the other two guards on here seem to. There, that is it in a nut shell, someone has to get the blunt end of the stick, and it always seems to end up being me. Well, screw that!!!
Plus points are that I have at last been able to catch up with one of my favourite series, Fringe, thanks to someone who has SKY putting them onto disc for me a while ago, so I have caught up to episode 8 of season 3 tonight. They are on Season 4 in the US now I believe (and on SKY maybe, I wouldn't know - I miss SKY).
Anyway, here's hoping that everyone has a lovely day today. I will most likely catch up again during Wednesday since I can't really do much of anything else.
Take care and thank you for reading.
October 4 2011 (40 years, 10 months, and 8 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment